Surprising bump in presidential polls since the Russian invasion

Want to weigh in on us being asked to prove Pizza Gate was total insanity? Do you want to link your argument to that in this thread by a Russian troll?

Does that bother you?

No, I am asking for any evidence that Cernovich has been pushing a false narrative about Pizzagate.

Realize that a large portion of the country still believes a whole series of hoaxes that were pushed by the mainstream media. The Russia-collusion hoax and the Biden-laptop-Russian-disinformation hoax were used smear political opponents of the Democratic Party.

Now the same hoaxes and along with new and creative hoaxes are providing supporting the push for war with Russia.

No, I don’t trust the polls from Russia any more than I trust that Biden really got 81 million votes.

I view both narratives with skepticism. That does not mean I have proof they are wrong.

1 Like
Mod Note

Everybody get back on topic and stay there please.

Stop using Cernovich as a trusted source.

He is a moron

Who do you recommend?

1 Like

Please explain to me how the media got us into multiple wars. Thanks.

Lived on her alimony because she was a Facebook big shot, didn’t he?

The media treat pronouncements from the US government as truth, but the government has lied repeatedly as pretext for war. We only find out the truth long after the war started:

Gulf of Tonkin incident was portrayed as two allegedly unprovoked North Vietnamese attacks on US Navy ships. It was used as the pretext for the Vietnam War. The reality is that the first attack came in response to a South Vietnamese raid on North Vietnam and the second attack most likely never happened:

In 2005, an internal National Security Agency historical study was declassified; it concluded that Maddox had engaged the North Vietnamese Navy on August 2, 1964 but that there may not have been any North Vietnamese Naval vessels present during the engagement of August 4. The report stated:

It is not simply that there is a different story as to what happened; it is that no attack happened that night. … In truth, Hanoi’s navy was engaged in nothing that night but the salvage of two of the boats damaged on August 2.
Gulf of Tonkin Resolution - Wikipedia

The Kuwaiti incubator hoax was an important pretext used to justify the 1991 Gulf War:

The Weapons of Mass Destruction hoax was used to justify the 2003 Iraq War:

Obama claimed that NATO bombing of Libya was necessary to protect pro-democracy protestors. Instead the bombing ignited a deadly civil war that killed tens of thousands in Libya.
https://www.salon.com/2016/09/16/u-k-parliament-report-details-how-natos-2011-war-in-libya-was-based-on-lies/

We are seeing similar things going on today in Ukraine. Eisenhower warned about the risks of the military-industrial complex; there are huge interests in the business of war.

So the examples you used show that the media didn’t get us into the wars. The media was only reporting what the government told them was fact. So I believe that your premise that the media is responsible for us going to war is not accurate. In every case our government made the call. Not the media.

Or the other way around.

It’s just a convenient way to throw fire on a discussion.

Meh. Calling a Putinophile a Putinophile isn’t inflammatory, it’s stating a fact.

And when such a person drags Russian propoganda onto the board as a means of criticizing America and its president, discussion of that is certainly appropriate.

Really?

:roll_eyes:

Yeah really. His statement was that the media got us into multiple wars. I asked that question because I don’t believe that the media was the cause. Do you agree?

Yes, the US media reports government propaganda and lies as fact. That is the point. US corporate news should be viewed as “state-controlled media” especially when it comes to questions about starting a war.

They are supposed to be providing news not propaganda. In a functioning democracy, the voters need to be informed.

Given this track-record of deception in the US media, it is especially important that foreign media remain available in the US to provide alternative viewpoints and information. The censorship campaign to prevent western access to Russian media appears to be less about combatting disinformation and more about protecting NATO-approved disinformation.

As far as how Russians are responding, western sanctions are causing annoyance and inconvenience, but the anger may well be directed towards NATO and not Putin. It is likely that the sanctions are counterproductive:

. . . nationalism—a potent force among most populations—tends to impel sanctioned populations to support the regime when they are threatened. . . Were some foreign power—say, China—to attempt to coerce Americans to commit to regime change through economic sanctions, it’s hard to imagine this would produce much support for the foreign power in the US.

Similarly, US sanctions have not exactly invigorated pro-American or antiregime efforts in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Venezuela, or any other state where the US sought to bring about domestic political change through sanctions.

There are few cases where sanctions might have worked; however, the two go-to examples of this—i.e., Iraq and Serbia—are cases where economic sanctions were accompanied by overwhelming military force or plausible threats of it. Needless to say, that’s a very specific type of sanction, and has little to do with a conflict involving a nuclear power like Russia.

Regardless, it makes good strategic sense to decouple from Russia.

They are re a bad actor.

The media reports what the government says. How the hell are they suppose to know at the time that it is propaganda? And in reality, how often does it really happen? And from what I have seen, there have been instances where it was simply faulty intelligence that was the basis for some of the statements. And in those cases hindsight is always 20/20.

Globalism is dying rapidly. There are plenty of bad actors in the world.

Embargos from Saudi Arabia and China would arguably have more impact on the US economy than anything from Russia.

Regardless, it makes perfect sense to decouple from Russia.