Surprise! Colin Kaepernick is the new face of Nike

How very very very very very very very very Ironic.

1 Like

yes, people who don’t understand what it means to be American are certainly upset.

I’m sure you can relate. Life must be hard for someone who thinks microwave ovens spy on them.

No, really. Ignoring a bunch of political ■■■■■■■■ when making a marketing decision really isn’t throwing yourself into politics.

Yeah. It’s tough buddy. Can you spare a dime?

You already know it’s in the small purple bowl on my sink. Just come grab it.

I do enjoy Nike products.

As a moderate conservative, it doesn’t bother me that Kaepernick now has his own shoes and is a representative. This should tick off the snowflakes on the right, who gets so offended somebody in a prayer stance rather than a standing position.

Funny thing today at the gym an awful lot of people were wearing Nike, myself included.

I don’t get the whole boycott thing myself. Wear whatever is comfortable. And yes, I still eat Chick-fil-a.

Got them a boatload of free publicity.

I can’t participate in a boycott, but I still won’t be buying any of their garbage.

Nike is still pretty good, compared to Reebok or Adidas. The only valid reason to not buy Nike is if you’re anti-sweat shop.

Actually, there is another valid reason. I don’t want any of their stuff. Never have, never will. To the best of my knowledge I have never bought anything they’ve sold.

Same here.

The only reason I’m wearing a non-New Balance shoe right now is because this pair of nikes were given to me. I have no sense of style so I wear my shoes and boots until they literally fall apart. When it’s my own money I buy nothing but New Balance.

Don’t care about the Kap thing other than disgust at conservative statism. Doesn’t it strike anyone as odd that a company that has historically engaged in oppression is making someone protesting oppression a part of their public image campaign? Ya’ll are going to be buying shoes from a company guilty of the behavior Kap protests.

Fat donald on the Nike deal.

Trump touts Nike’s right to make deal

Trump then softened his stance in deference to the First Amendment, taking a turn from his normal hard-line approach against Kaepernick and the social-justice kneeling campaign he inspired.

“As much as I disagree with the Colin Kaepernick endorsement, in another way — I mean, I wouldn’t have done it,” Trump said. “In another way, it is what this country is all about, that you have certain freedoms to do things that other people think you shouldn’t do, but I personally am on a different side of it.”

Where did I ask for Government intervention against anyone?

They have the freedom to use that ■■■■■■■ in their advertising, I have the the freedom to not buy their crap.

Stupid should hurt, and freedom pretty much assures it.

You made Nike sad.

See, freedom works every time.

Stupid should hurt…then again Trump is president…

Story checks out:

Definitely a face.

1 Like