Surprise! Colin Kaepernick is the new face of Nike

That’s a little culturist isn’t?

I’m sorry if reality offends you.

I always liked Ray Lewis.

A company is free to pick whoever they like to pitch their products. I just think in this day and age it’s a good idea to choose someone who is universally liked and not polarizing.

That’s why I named Fitzgerald.

Good choices. My biggest role model is my grandfather, who never would have called himself a hero for what he did during World War 2.

Kaepernick is also an excellent role model, and his Nike sponsorship has nothing to do it, in my mind. The guy has a lot of courage.

No white players are kneeling? Not one?

Indeed! Low class is better then no class I guess, oh wait he has both! What a guy.

A lot of them are good people and support great causes. Many of the Seahawks players have set good examples too, particularly Russell Wilson.

Can’t say I know many pro players outside of the NFL, except for the really huge names like LeBron , Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky and so on.

Agreed. A lot of courage. As much as both of my previous role models.

Put together.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say. Have white players done what Kaepernick has done?

As far as I’m aware, Kaepernick’s life history is unique to him alone.

Well, I knew them.

Yeah he stands out. His team is far enough away that there aren’t many fans(for the team) locally but everybody knows about him. Very well liked and admired.

1 Like

shrug

If you say so.

Garrett Temple of the Memphis Grizzlies, previously of the Sacramento Kings, is regularly one of the top contributors to any community he happens to find himself in.

Another player with a lot of class. He isn’t a star, though, so his name isn’t exactly a household word.

I don’t really follow football anymore. I know who Kaepernick is, but I had to google this “Larry” person.

1 Like

Sure, just as I knew my grandfather. I didn’t find out about what he’d done until after his death. That’s the kind of guy he was.

Kaepernick’s white guilt has served him well.

Yes he is. The Cardinals play in the Seahawks division so we see them twice a year. It’s likely he will retire without a SB ring, which is unfortunate, but he’s also a slam dunk for the Hall of Fame as soon as he’s eligible.

I’m an NFL addict. So glad the long wait between seasons will be over on Thursday.

1 Like

Well, you said if he was white, “this wouldn’t have happened.”

White people can’t be part of the kneeling culture?

I knew what they had done.