Supreme Court Rules Nearly Half of Oklahoma is a Native-American Reservation

When was that?

Not with any integrity. With a valid treaty in hand.

He could be tried in federal court - but I doubt he will be. Heā€™s already spent 25 years in prison.

Pretty much zero chance he is retried. The Federal Courts are critically backlogged as it is. He did serve a lengthy portion of his sentence. Trying to retry a case after this many years would be difficult, particularly as at least some of the witnesses in the case have since died.

And I donā€™t think the victim is going to want this horrible experience to be dredged up at trial after all these years.

is this some sorta joke?

The Supreme Court decision???

Natural Law.
No bummers with what is Natural, Good, and Just.
The white man will survive; he always does.

Yes, since when did the Court side with Native Americans this case was a one in a million likely to go this way.

LAW, LAW, LAW, LAW, LAW, LAW,
LAW, Baby I love youā€¦

Itā€™s the best way to go since most people in the country are not united by much at all.

I have no problem giving California back. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hell, give Mexico the whole left coast.

Let them deal with BLM, Antifa and the WA and OR whack jobs.

The natives are pleased.

2 Likes

I only see three independent economic republics here. The northeastern coast and lakes, California + the old Oregon territories, and the gulf coast.

What are the hypothetical interior republics offering that makes free-trade a starting assumption?

Republics with access to the coast have every incentive to squeeze the interior with tariffs in order to make their own agriculture more profitable and economically secure. Itā€™s a matter of national security, and it takes away the bulk of the political leverage any interior republic would have in disputes.

1 Like

Amazingly so do I.

Can you imagine the chagrin of the Congress of 1866 if they only knew.

They screwed up royally.

You think the dems in Congress will be in any hurry to take away reservation status.

Allan

Native American lawyers have a saying ā€œthe Indians always loseā€

No this time baby.

Allan

SCOTUS has ruled.

Get over it.

Allan

1 Like

Ask the Native American rape victim.

2 Likes

No they donā€™t.

It just a saying by Native American lawyers.

It is not true nor false.

Allan