Supreme Court rules in favor of Petitioner Masterpiece Cakeshop

Chaaa Chinggg!

cannot be outwardly hostile towards the cakeshops religious beliefs.

Allan

4 Likes

Looks like the left this morning.

Jim Crow lives.

Not even close. Bakers have no problem serving gays except as regards their weddings.

No, that is not what this opinion is saying. It says that you cant be openly hostile to a religious belief.

The commission was openly hostile to cakeshop.

That is unconstitutional.

Allan

I actually support the decision of the court. You have me confused with somebody else.

Colorado Civil Rights Commission must maintain religiously neutrality.

Allan

I know what it’s saying. But religion is just code for bigotry here. No real religious person has any sincere issue with homosexuality. They just find it gross and hide behind Jesus or Mohammad or the Constitution.

Although I find anti-gay bias to be a neanderthal position I like this ruling. Why? Because I want people’s prejudice to be on full display. I want big ass signs in windows that say NO BLACKS. NO GAYS. NO JEWS. So I know who not to give business to. Wanna discriminate? Knock yourself out. Just let everyone know where your line in the sand is.

1 Like

It should have been 9 zip.

Here is what kennedy in the opinion wrote:

“Colorado law can protect gay persons in acquiring products and services on the same terms and conditions as are offered to other members of the public, the law must be applied in a manner that is neutral toward religion.”

Allan

There is another case in front of SCOTUS:

Arlenes Flowers v State of Washington.

Hopefully washington did it the constitutional way.

Allan

Religion is not neutral. They do not deserve to be treated neutrally.

LOL. SCOTUS says it must so it must.

Allan

If I didn’t know better it sounds like you’re expressing your own bigotry.

5 Likes

Adults are talking

Keep on expressing your bigotry.

You’re literally saying they should not have equal treatment under the law because they have an opinion. Okay…