Supreme Court decisions for (6/27/22) - 3 decisions, 1 order list (Free exercise victory and two criminal law victories)

When he did those speeches they were on his personal time. I see you ignored that part. Try again

1 Like

:rofl:

Are you admitting you got the facts wrong, then?

Immediately following a game, with his team (and a large crowd of spectators) does not scream “on his personal time.”

Not by the government it is not.

How do you define “personal time”?

My issue, as always with this sort of thing - is what about the kid who chooses not to participate in the “voluntary” prayer and motivational speechs?

What social consequences does he face for not participating?

1 Like

When you are off the clock. There were only hearsay of claims of coercion. School did not think so and was not an accusation by the school.

“Sotomayor also pointed to claims that players had felt pressured to join Kennedy out of a desire to win favor and playing time. During oral arguments, Kennedy’s attorney addressed the assertion that Kennedy’ prayer had a coercive effect, noting that the school district did not bring it up as a reason for ending his employment.”

Teaching always involves an agenda. The agenda determines what history is taught, what forms of government are like, what science is real, what language is spoken and what literature is classic.

If the choice is between teaching kids, not to kill, steal or commit adultery, or teaching them that a man dressed as a woman prancing around in a thong in front of children is normal, then I know which side I come down on and I have no apologies for that. None what so ever.

“At the District’s request, he voluntarily discontinued the school tradition of locker-room prayers and his postgame religious talks to students. The District disciplined him only for his decision to persist in praying quietly without his players after three games in October 2015.”

After his duties were up after a game.

1 Like

If Sotomayor pointed to claims that some athletes felt pressured to join, then your assertion no one complained is false. They weren’t considered because the district didn’t include them as a reason for Kennedy’s dismissal, but the complaints DID happen.

And no the coach is not suddenly “off the clock” because the game ended.

In the end this particular case was much more than about a coach who “just wanted to express his thanks and gratitude to God, win or lose”. If that was the case, he would have had no problem doing this in private.

And now this is established as perfectly acceptable, even as the right wing pushes to make expression of other thoughts and ideas impermissible.

Grooming of children is quite acceptable…as long as it’s the “right kind” of grooming.

So let’s dispense with the fiction that the right wing doesn’t want agendas in schools, OK?

No you did. He stopped the motivational speeches when asked. He got fired for continuing the prayers in private. Maybe you should read your own link.

I will take the word of the scotus on personal time long before a lawyer on here.

1 Like

On the 50-yard line is decidely not “in private.”

It was a performance, with an audience.

“We need to stick to reading, writing, and arithmetic … and teacher led prayer.”

1 Like

:rofl:

I have doubt you will continue to conviently ignore any facts that counter your narrative.

The School told him that they had no problem with him praying privately - or even returning the field to pray on the 50-yard line after the students had left. He refused.

Like our sexual deviant crowd which is now using the public school system to groom innocent and impressionable grade school children?

You mean like Drag Queens dancing for an audience of children? That kind of performance?

1 Like

Dude quit lying and trying to play word games when once again the lawyer was wrong.

"The Court’s majority opinion noted that Kennedy had “voluntarily discontinued the school tradition of locker-room prayers and his postgame religious talks to students,” and that the school district only took action against him “only for his decision to persist in praying quietly without his players after three games in October 2015.”

1 Like

6 scouts judges tell you you are wrong.

What this really amounts to is a culture war.

Conservatives want to teach our children morals and values.

Democrats want to groom them for their own sexual gratification.

1 Like

The court’s majority opinion did the same thing you’re doing here - and chose ignore the facts that didn’t suit the decision they wanted.

You think a coach is off the clock the minute the game ends?