Supreme Court blocks OSHA vaccine mandate

Glad to see this get worked out just before most companies vax mandates were about to go into effect. As in, if people wanted to keep their jobs, they would have already had to get the first shot and possibly the second to be in compliance.

Sorry to be an Eeyore.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Not only that, but my job has it set up so that we get tested during work hours. I’d love to see how they set that up for toll collectors.

Get your vaccinations. Deaths still on the rise in the US. People still dying from Delta, apparently.

More deaths on the way. ICU hospitalization rising.

3 Likes

mandating vaccines is the wrong why American hate being told want to to do.

It has nothing to do with the people not wanting to be told what to do, it has everything to do with the Federal. Government not having the Constitutional power to tell the States what to do.

Amendment X. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

3 Likes

It’s over for the OSHA mandate.

The healthcare mandate stays however.

One out of two ain’t bad.

Allan

Only three votes (need 4) sorry.

Kavanaugh and Robert’s rule for vax mandates for healthcare workers.

Allan

That was the plan the whole time, they knew it wouldn’t make it past the court.

1 Like

Sounds like separate, but equal.

my head hurts after trying to decipher this

2 Likes

this was part of their scheme of course

1 Like

so much for all the “precedent” huh?

turns out the non-insane members of the SC kinda realize that viruses arent part of workplace related safety

4 Likes

Liberty hangs by a thin thread for one more day

6 Likes

So what about the healthcare facility vax mandate which was okayed 6-3 by the same SCOTUS.

Allan

That COULD be argued as a workplace issue in that Healthcare workers are exposed to the covid virus in the normal day to dy performance of their job. This is the distinction I can see. Not saying I agree with the ruling, but logically I can see how it could be under OSHA.

2 Likes

I’m not sure that it is under OSHA. I believe it is a Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) mandate.

The conservative justices seemed concerned during oral arguments about the CMS mandate’s use of the federal spending power to pressure institutions accepting Medicare and Medicare funding to comply, but the more limited scope of the mandate, at least compared to the OSHA mandate’s more blatant intrusion into the private sector, appeared to save it.

2 Likes

i still wouldn’t mandate it because i’m not a democrat and therefore not an authoritarian. but viruses are an occupational issue for healthcare workers

not the construction worker.

6 Likes