Superheroes—With Pronouns!

Laws were changed to legitimize the perversion that is taught in schools. You© need only change the age of consent… just like you© changed other laws. And with that, you© people will pave the roads that lead to child rape. But you will call it “education”. Then you© will normalize it with new euphemisms. Then you call those who object bigots.

That is the historically accurate description of how you© people work to undermine traditional standards.

And if you respond with “WHOSE standards?” It will be proof that you are planning to do this.

This is nonsense. There is no major movement to change the age of consent that will lead to child rape. At most age of consent should be on a scale… for example consensual sex between a 17 year old and an 18 year old shouldn’t be considered rape.

Agreed on the broad-brushing.
She-ra was fine because she was always She-ra. She’s not a trans version of a formerly male character. Same thing with Glee. I guess my issue is when they transform characters for the sake of political correctness and quotas.

1 Like

There is entertainment that isn’t made specifically to cater to me?

I might as well die now.

I know whose standards you are talking about. Some traditional standards are irrational and outdated, others make sense and should still be followed. Its not something that can be dealt with with a single blanket plan. It’s all a balance between freedom and potential harm.

Have you ever read any comics?

Characters “transform” all the time. New characters are constantly being created, and sometimes they take on the identities of old ones. Comics are always changing, and they always have.

Whenever I see people complain that an old character has been changed, it immeditely screams “not actually a comic fan, just a fan of outrage”.

1 Like

There were a lot of chuds who were upset that she didn’t have big boobs and an hourglass figure, I kid you not.

What’s the problem with this?

How do you know that’s the reason? What if its just a new writer who want to reboot things and treat it differently?

I don’t know if you watched the Boys, but they made a bunch of characters who were male in the comic females in the show. Is that a problem?

They should definitely steer clear of manga.

1 Like

I am ok with nick names like Mikey instead of mike but not ZEr, Ze all that stuff is silly. Even my gay friends and I have two plus a nephew isn’t on board. I found through them the lgtbtq community really isn’t a community after all. A size-able portion of them straight out hate each other in the gay and lesbian community.

1 Like

I admittedly haven’t read any comic books since I was like 10 or 11.

Any friend of mine who wouldn’t respect my desires to go by another name, regardless of what it is, isn’t a true friend.

Yes, there’s a lot of infighting and there are anti-trans segments as well. This is also true of the left in general. Its funny how often someone on the right implies how lockstep the left is when the reality is that its super fractured.

Used to watch some of the shows like the Incredible Hulk, but that’s been like 40 years.

:exploding_head:I’m old!

I just think it’s silly characters that have withstood the test of time are being transformed to a version that maybe a minority of one minority group may like.

Next up—Bruce Banner must become Brenda & The Incredible Hulk gets make up, a pushup hra and a dress!

:face_vomiting:

Then why do you care?

Is it just outrage for the sake of outrage?

1 Like

Do you think that only trans comic book fans will enjoy a trans character?

That seems like a weird conclusion to come to.

I’m sure they were looking for more of the Heavy Metal-esque figures.
I guess I figure it is done for political correctness and quotas because of what I’ve seen with the new rules for the Oscars. It just feels abnormally pushed or forced just for the sake of diversity.
I love The Boys, but never read the comics. I once again assume they had to make characters on television female instead of male to attract more viewers or are pushing the woke narrative.

That’s what I mean, diversity just for the sake of diversity. Although they are fictional characters they still resonate with people. If Hollywood changed Black Panther into White Panther we would see outrage from the other side for sure.

I care because established characters are, well, established. Just because I don’t read comics doesn’t mean I can’t be a fan of Marvel or DC movies or shows.

I think its silly that they people think its silly that a fictional character might be rebooted or transformed into a different gender/sex/race/etc.

There’s already a She-Hulk.

But in comics, established characters change all the time. They are only “established” until they’re “established” again as something else.

How many different Batmans have there been? At least 5.
How many Captain Americas? At least 4.
How many Spidermans? More than I can count.

If you look at any “established” comic book character, you’ll see the only constant in their histories is change.

Sure, but that wasn’t target at children.

Reality is becoming more woke. Frankly its both funny and sad that segments of the population think being woke is bad thing.