Super Bowl LVII: Chiefs vs Eagles

And when teams are evenly matched as these two were…you can’t give up a Fumble 6.

Can’t happen.

1 Like

Hat tip

1 Like

Well damn.

You were so confident, too

1 Like

The Eagles played better than I thought. They didn’t play anybody all year. Not even in the playoffs. I guess they were a better team than I thought. The Chiefs had to basically sell out against the run all game.

Famous Eagles defense didn’t do so well in 2nd half.

The most dangerous part about the Eagles was their run game. Not the defense. They racked up a lot of stats against crap teams. They had a decent defense. The Cowboys put 40 on them with Dak at QB. But I thought the Eagles did play very well.

1 Like

Certainly tonight the Eagles def was not all that dangerous.

Chiefs scored on every drive of the second half.
I don’t have the stats in front of me but that strikes me as very unusual.

I think a few people forgot that last year’s Super Bowl was the only Super Bowl since 2019 that Chiefs have not been a part of.

The nucleus has largely remained intact - Andy Reid, Mahomes, Chris Jones, Kelce.

It’s not just talent, it’s talent that’s been on this stage before.

He’s younger than I am. All he has to do is push away from the table and get on the treadmill. Fifty pounds lighter and he’d be fine.

1 Like

That was a real ballsy move by Reid … giving up four points (seven, if they had missed the field goal) just to burn time off the clock so Hurts wouldn’t have time to come back and score again. I don’t ever recall a coach doing that before.

1 Like

It’s unusual because they played mostly crap teams all year. At one point Dak went 22 for 22 against that defense. What do you think Mahomes is going to do? Dak and the Cowboys never do well against good defenses. You had to know the Chiefs would be over 30 at minimum.

Eagles are NFC east, which did pretty well this year.
At one point it looked like the League coulda canceled the playoffs and just let NFC East teams paly each other.

I guess it was. But at worse they go to OT if he misses the FG. But if they get the TD, the Eagles could drive and tie it up, sending it into OT. I think putting it all on the short FG was probably the best option.

Sure, as it turned out. It was still a very gutsy call. And a team that believes in and trusts their coach. Can you imagine how much that player (I didn’t catch his number) wanted to make the go ahead score with that touchdown? I have been watching professional football for 60+ years and I have never seen anything like that before.

It literally happens all the time anymore.

Literally all the time? Really? :smile:

Ok yeah I was using hyperbole.

But players and coaches knowing the situation and falling down before scoring are becoming much more common that they ever were.

You don’t see the Packers parting like the Red Sea to let Terrell Davis walk in, and Davis accepting the offer, that much anymore.