SUNSHINE SHOWDOWN: Florida Governor's Race Pits Bernie’s Candidate VS Trump’s Pick

Originally published at: SUNSHINE SHOWDOWN: Florida Governor’s Race Pits Bernie’s Candidate VS Trump’s Pick | Sean Hannity

Florida’s upcoming governor’s race is shaping up to be a major 2020 indicator, with Bernie Sanders-backed Democrat Andrew Gillum facing-off against President Trump’s favored candidate Ron DeSantis.

“With 94 percent of the votes counted, Gillum had an unofficial 3 percentage point lead over his closest rival, former U.S. Rep. Gwen Graham. Gillum overwhelmed Graham in Miami-Dade and Broward, the state’s two largest Democratic counties, by more than a 2-to-1 margin, in the highest turnout for a midterm primary election in Florida history,” writes the Miami Herald.

“I am overwhelmed,” said Gillum in Tallahassee Tuesday night. “I want you to know that this thing is not about me. This race is about every single one of us. Those of us inside this room. Those outside of this room. Those who voted for me. Those who didn’t vote at all. And those who didn’t vote for me because they are Republicans. But I want to be their governor, too.”

President Trump praised DeSantis Tuesday evening, saying the GOP candidate would be a “great governor” for the residents of Florida.

Read the full story at the Miami Herald.