Strategy - TICTI - Test, Isolate, Contact Trace, Isolate

huh?

1. Everyone in a region stays locked down until new cases approach zero.

2. Then, slowly open up with a strong test and trace policy in place.

3. That leads to individuals being isolated. But hopefully that contains the spread and larger lockdowns are avoided.

Just do what SK did.

1 Like

What? How do you know if new cases are zero if you aren’t testing? If they are asymptomatic, how are they a case?

Are you a woman?

I don’t know about “deserves”, it was handy.

You aren’t going to catch the asymptomatic in the first round of testing.

That is why it is imperative that we live with the lock down until new cases approach zero. Because that means there shouldn’t be many asympotaics in the population. Because if you follow the advice of '14 days after cases hit zero (or near zero) in those 14 days, even the asymptotic will clear the virus. Or most should.

So now we are opening up with a population mostly clear of the virus by virtue of the widespread lockdown.

Now we have a chance to test and trace.

Why do you think that? And why tell me? Trying to use religion as a club?

They who? How long you think that’s going to take?

Ok, I have to get back to work.

I can’t explain it as well as the dozens of articles written by people who actually study this stuff. Please take a look at those.

The general idea is to come out of lock down as close to a clean population as you can reasonably get.

You know there are no new cases because people aren’t getting symptomatic.

If your population has no one symptomatic, it is reasonable to assume there is no one asymptomatic as well. Because both will pass the virus in a similar time frame.

This is also why the experts really want to wait 14 days after new case zero is hit.

No, just suggesting retorting with a sexist meme isn’t a very christian thing to do.

Seems to take around two weeks.

So the country stays lock down until everyone tests negative. And you think this is the right thing to do.

Funny, I have several news channels on all day, not a peep. Haven’t seen anything here either.

Of course I’m not going to say no essentials have caught it, been hospitalized, or died. But seems like they would be dropping like flies.

Huh? If they are asymptomatic are they cases?

That is not what Korea did.

How long is it going to take to test 350 million people?

Are you under the impression that the test results are valid 5 minutes after you get them?

Unless you’re last of course.

1 Like

I’m sure this has been stated multiple times by now, but asymptomatic people can pass on the disease to people who will die from it.

What? Everybody except the sick in the population is asymptomatic.

So a year?

You’ve been screaming about test and trace for 6 weeks, we didn’t have a chance then?

The essentials are already working.

Have you been tested?

I’m on a freakin’ merry go round.

1 Like

Yes, they can. So…?

So that’s why testing is important, even for asymptomatic people.

Because, spring allergies have similar symptoms. I have been dealing with allergies since Mid March. Before COVID really took hold here in Indiana. I knew it was allergies…but two weeks later, people all were worried about me. It’s been a month and I have the same symptoms I have had since Mid March, maybe longer. It’s pollen…but I imagine now that there is a lot of guidance out there that people are contagious without fevers. I would imagine just to make sure that there is a negative on record…and that if anyone is positive they are not infecting the work place.

But I would agree on this point. We don’t need workplace heros. If you are sick, stay home…I am one of those guys…when I am sick…I go to work, because I am the boss. Right at the start of this thing, I had a manager who came into a meeting sweating profusely barely able to walk. I sent his ass straight out of there, and sent him to his doctor. Thankfully for him it was “just the flu” he was off for two weeks anyway. He was glad I made him go.

So I see both sides.

3 Likes

How long you think that’s going to take? How long is the test going to be valid?

A long time, no doubt. So…?