Stop blaming the Orthodox Jewish community for the measles outbreak

Clearly this invasion has ratcheted up a notch with introducing diseases.

When will the President send troops to the border and start shooting these invaders? Clearly the danger is getting worse.

You mean mumps and measles aren’t the same disease? Who knew?

1 Like

johnwk2 seemed to provide significant evidence for his view. You on the other hand, all you said was, “Nya Nya Nya.”

I guess you didn’t read the entire thread.

• The largest outbreaks are concentrated in Orthodox Jewish communities in New York City’s Williamsburg neighborhood, where some 390 cases have been confirmed, and Rockland County north of New York City, which has recorded 202 cases. Those figures include infections from last year and are not directly comparable to the CDC numbers.

You’ll like this one:

• The United States’ 2000 declaration that measles was eradicated meant that the disease was no longer present in the country year round. Measles remains common in some countries in Europe, Asia and Africa, and unvaccinated travelers to those countries can bring it back to the United States. The current outbreaks are believed to trace back to visits to Israel and Ukraine.

So uh John…heeeeeeeeey buddddy.
Look here…measles and mumps are 2 different infections.

So this is Measles(very basic definition, google is your friend)
A highly contagious infectious disease caused by the measles virus. Symptoms usually develop 10–12 days after exposure to an infected person and last 7–10 days. Initial symptoms typically include fever, often greater than 40 °C (104 °F), cough, runny nose, and inflamed eyes.

And here is the mumps,
is a viral disease caused by the mumps virus. Initial signs and symptoms often include fever, muscle pain, headache, poor appetite, and feeling generally unwell.

See…took me 1 minute to copy and paste. :slightly_smiling_face:

Now I know you have a disdain for brown folks and their so called invasion, we get it. However, if you going to do this at least make a direct, honest connection and know what you’re talking about. So you good? Great I hope so. God bless.

6 Likes

I agree with this. One would have to be foolish not to consider the possibility.

He provided zero evidence.

That you believe he did only reveals your ignorance in the methods that are used to track outbreaks like what are going on now and be able to trace them to their origins.

Believed… by whom? So it’s OK to “believe” legally arriving Jews are bringing measles in, but it’s not OK to “believe” illegal immigrants, who Border Patrol say are originating from over 100 countries but coming in through the Mexican border, are bringing diseases in? Where is the LOGIC in that?

Well it was mentioned…in describing an outbreak that occurred THREE YEARS AGO in one area of the country…and has nothing to do with the current outbreak.

But see…if you’re ignorant as to how science is done, you can believe that something that happened three years ago is relevant now.

All you have to assume is there’s no way to track the source of an outbreak of an illness.

1 Like

We’re talking about this specific outbreak.

Do you not understand that the CDC, working in concert with state and local authorities, can diagnose and track the flow of illness outbreaks?

Do you have an understanding that science doesn’t work by doing some Google searches?

The current measles outbreak is due to unvaccinated Hasidic children contracting it in Ukraine.

Full Stop.

Anything else is arguing against reality.

3 Likes

Russian Federation are anti-vaxxers.

WHO singled out Russia alongside six other European countries for having more than 1,000 measles infections this year. Ukraine accounted for 23,000 of the 41,000 overall cases, while Serbia outpaced every other country with the highest rate of infections and death numbers.

1 Like

You don’t seem to have read the article. It says “the largest outbreaks” not “all outbreaks”. If a close community does not get immunised and one of them gets infected, of course more non-immunised members are likely to also get infected.

Nine out of ten people who are not immune and share living space with an infected person will be infected. People are infectious to others from four days before to four days after the start of the rash.

It is also possible that someone who is infected in the US who also hates Jews could deliberately contact Jewish communities and infect them in the US. We don’t KNOW which mechanism is the actual one, do we?

Anyone else remember the hair on fire when Ebola was a thing but measles?

Meh

2 Likes

Exactly what is it that I wrote that you disagree with? Are you really saying no illegal entrants are infected with measles and other contagious diseases? It seems to be a very real probability that illegal entrants are introducing measles and other contagious diseases into our country.

JWK

Yes- we do.

Are you paying attention to what was written in this thread?

1 Like

Illegals are NOT the cause of the measles outbreak in the Orthodox Jewish Community…full stop.

1 Like

I see you haven’t been paying attention!

“In 2016, there was a measles outbreak at an immigrant detention center in Eloy, Arizona, which contributed to a statewide outbreak after some employees refused to get vaccinated.” see: More than 2,000 quarantined over mumps outbreak at immigration detention centers

How are you so certain that illegal entrants are not introducing the measles virus into our communities?

JWK

Hmmmm. That is not a very clever deflection. My question was: Exactly what is it that I wrote that you disagree with?

Try paying attention . . . FULL STOP!
JWK