Stonewalling Hope Hicks obeys orders not to answer even easy House Judiciary questions

And she’s still in your head. And Donald’s. :laughing:

Perhaps I would.

Trump didn’t do that through the Mueller investigations. But now that Congress is looking to investigate it all over again, it’s time to fight back like he’s doing. And I would accept a Dem president doing the same at that point as well.

That’s what I agreed with in JayJay’s post. Endless opposition party investigations that result in nothing. (Even just endless opposition party investigations. Period.) It’s weaponizing government. It will not end well.

But that isn’t what Trump is doing. :wink:

What Trump is doing is pushing back on attempts to redo the Mueller investigation in the House. He is also pushing back on the stated intention by DEM house committees to investigate every aspect of his past private life.

Those aren’t legitimate oversight functions. They are political revenge.

2 Likes

Why should he be able to do that? I wouldn’t be able to do that.

Once again, the legislative and executive branches are coequal. The executive branch isn’t obligated to simply rollover at the beckoning of the legislative branch.

Both branches have tools at their disposal and they have traditionally both flexed their muscle throughout the history of this nation.

What Trump is doing isn’t that much different then what others have done in the past. What’s different is that it is much more visible, because the MSM is obsessed with Trump. Much of the pushback done under Obama got little publicity. Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

1 Like

Once again she did testify. No one can force someone to say something they don’t want to say.

As fellow Right Wingers asked when Obama Democrats stonewalled back then, “What are they hiding?”

Trump laid it all bare with the Mueller investigation. He made everyone and everything available at the time. The House is looking for a redo. Trump’s pushback is about principle. If he had something to hide he would have obstructed the Mueller investigation by refusing to provide requested material or by preventing administration officials from being interviewed.

:laughing:

My GOD the TDS on display!

The transcript of her testimony has been released.

Here’s the press release for it.
https://judiciary.house.gov/news/press-releases/house-judiciary-committee-releases-transcript-hope-hicks-interview

And the link to the testimony:

https://nadler.house.gov/components/redirect/r.aspx?ID=471368-70881288

A portion of Hicks non-testimony:

Q I’m now going to take you to – and I’m going to go in order
through the report, for the sake of moving as briskly as we can.
I’m going to take you to page number 44 of Volume II.
Do you recall – this is note number 268. Do you know who
Jim Comey is?
A Yes.
Q Do you recall the President telling you that he had
never asked Jim Comey to stay behind in his office?
Mr. Purpura. Objection.
Mr. Eisen. Okay.
The White House objects on the basis of absolute immunity.
Will you follow that instruction?
Ms. Hicks. I will.
Mr. Eisen. Refuse to answer?
Ms. Hicks. I will.
Mr. Eisen. Will you answer any questions at all about the
subject matter set forth in note 268 of page 44?
Mr. Purpura. We would object to that subject matter.
Mr. Eisen. Would you answer any questions designed to
establish the predicate for the absolute immunity, such as who was
present, where the conversation happened, the purpose of the
conversation, or any other predicate questions?
Mr. Purpura. We would object to all those questions.
Mr. Eisen. Are you asserting any other privilege as to my
question?
Mr. Philbin. Not at this time from the White House.

No obstruction, no collusion. This is how you testify when you’re innocent and have nothing to hide.

2 Likes

How is there any greater scrutiny on D Trump than on say B Obama during their relative presidencies given that Fox News consistently focussed on the number of times that B Obama played golf. Compare and contrast Fox News are absolutely mute on D Trump’s golfing exploits.

Similarly, the debt clock appears to be “persona non grata” during Trump’s presidency on Fox News.

Demonstrably that is not true. Trump did not make himself available for an interview; therefore, to assert “He made everyone and everything available” is completely removed from reality.

He negotiated the form his interview would take. My statement stands. Those are the facts.

Absolutely no comparison.

One of the most unintentionally funny statements I’ve read on this forum.

One presumes there was a great deal of irony involved.

Nothing remotely funny. No do over. Pretty straightforward.

Hicks’ refusal to testify will backfire. It won’t stand up in court.