Still a bit confused on the whole abortion/constitution issue?

Your “look over there” attempt at deflection is noted.

It’s the pro life right wing that says we must protect the unborn and allow them to be born

So answer the questions, please.

It’s wrong, but not odd. I (likely) have certain freedoms that you don’t, and we live in the same country. Always been that way. :person_shrugging:

The only thing I find is:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

This was signed into law on Sep 25th, 1789

Where was anything regarding unborn children delegated to the Federal Government?

5 Likes

You are asking the wrong guy, I don’t support a total ban with no exceptions.

And if they want to argue there is, they can’t exactly use the authority they tried to cite in this case that has already been rejected by the court as invalid and not applicable.

I’m not asking the wrong guy because you support politicians and a party that DOES want these things.

So if you don’t…you should be lobbying YOUR representatives to stop pushing for them.

Instead of saying “look over there at those bad LIBS!”

1 Like

I dont either. Off the top of my head, I can see exceptions for Rape, Incest, and pregnancy under the age of 14, or even defects in the pregnancy that cold lead to a child being stillborn.

Regardless of my feelings, I in Virginia shouldnt be able to force my views on people in California. Nor should people in California be able to force their views on people in Virginia.

Leave it up to the voters in the states to decide what is good for their states.

Why are people so afraid of democracy?

1 Like

Don’t ever recall voting for anyone in Louisiana.

3 Likes

And I will be active in determining what abortion law we pass, in my state.

1 Like

Two states already moving to ban Plan B and IUDs in advance of the ruling overturning Roe, just like you guys swore would not happened.

2 Likes

You’re not forcing your opinion on people in California, nor are people in California forcing their opinion on you.

The opinion of the majority is getting forced on those who live in Virginia that think differently, and in a way that disproportionately affects women.

The question becomes like the OPer asked…is this really an issue that should be decided by majority rules or by legislative fiat?

If so, why? Give reasons why…on THIS issue.

This isn’t about being afraid of republican (small letter) or democratic processes.

Too bad half the states in the country will be implementing bans that don’t make any of those exceptions (well there might be a couple) the literal second Roe is overturned.

Abortion is not a right.

2 Likes

Why should someone in rural Virginia be able to force their views on someone in suburban virginia? Or someone down the block. Making it more local doesn’t make it any more moral. It’s just unchains local authoritarians to get into a woman’s business.

1 Like

Where is the law that prohibits a woman from aborting a baby without the consent of the father?

Like what?

Agreed. See above.

1 Like

People in those states should fight that.

1 Like

That is not a flaw in the Constitution.

14th.

That word, abortion, was not in my post.

Forcing someone to give birth against their will violates their rights.

1 Like

Here’s a question. Is it possible that the SCOTUS decision be as follows: abortion is to remain legal yet each state can put their own limits on it? That would seem like a logical compromise.