Steve King wants the names of liberals at Google

Ted Lieu had a pretty nice smackdown of Steve King during that:

“I’m going to change one word. So I’m going to search for ‘Congressman Steve King,’ I’m going to hit the ‘News’ tab,” Lieu said. “First article that pops up is from ABC News. It says ‘Steve King’s racist immigration talk prompts calls for congressional censure.’ That’s a negative article. But you don’t have a group of people at Google sitting there thinking and trying to modify search results — every time Steve King comes up, a negative article appears. That’s not what’s happening, right?”

Pichai again said no, reiterating that Google does not manipulate results for people in that way.

“So let me just conclude here by stating the obvious,” Lieu responded. "If you want positive search results, do positive things. If you don’t want negative search results, don’t do negative things.

“And to some of my colleagues across the aisle, if you’re getting bad press articles and bad search results, don’t blame Google or Facebook or Twitter — consider blaming yourself,” he added.

14 Likes

Its pretty shocking how much of a authoritarian king is, yet Republican cheer him.

I remember the liberals on here loving it when that was printed.

Just another reason I’m glad I’m out of the GOP. They can no longer claim to be a conservative party.

Dear Lord,

Thank you for Steve King, for everything that he thinks and says, and for that vacant look in his eyes.

Amen.

2 Likes

God is good.

1 Like

Did google publish the map?

Steve King can pound his McCarthyist tendencies and a pound of star-spangled sand right up his faux-patriotism.

is that all public infromation anyways?

A racist nut at that.

Doesn’t know the difference between Alphabet and Apple.

And you talk about AOC being dumb.

At least she has the excuse that she is young.

What is king’s excuse?

Allam

I do wish more people would do what Lieu did, and call out the deplorables to their face. They deserve public ridicule and to be shunned for their abhorrent beliefs and behavior.

4 Likes

Of course they do. Because the cruelty is the point along with a hatred of the “other.”

2 Likes

:rofl: of course they are.

Of course they are. It’s called “precedence”.

Ok.

1. Trump

The End

Did I kill the kids?

No believer is as true as the newly converted.

Wrong approach all day.

Liberal and opinion are out of scope.

90% market share is the issue and needs to be legislated out.

Google is a modern day monopoly with more global fidelity than US middle class concern.

Why is 90% market share an issue? Give us a rough outline of what you think legislation would look like…