Steve Bannon: trump is facing a 'coup'

U.S. President Donald Trump is facing a “coup”, former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon told Reuters, pointing to an anonymous column in the New York Times detailing resistance within the Trump administration.

“What you saw the other day was as serious as it can get. This is a direct attack on the institutions,” Bannon said during a flying visit to Italy. “This is a coup, okay”.

Umm…wasn’t it Bannon’s job to shake up the establishment??? :joy:

Stephen Bannon, President Trump’s chief political strategist and, after Trump, the most powerful man in Washington, once declared proudly: “I am a Leninist.” He was talking to a New York university academic who had written extensively on communism and the former Soviet Union. “What on earth do you mean?” the professor asked him. “Lenin wanted to destroy the state and that’s my goal too,” replied Bannon. “I want to bring everything crashing down and destroy all of today’s establishment.”
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Yeah. For a guy who wants to destroy the administrative state and be all Leninist… he seems to be getting cold feet.

Lol - Trump’s whole term has been about attacking institutions. The FBI, DOJ, our intelligence agencies, the “deep state,” Congress, etc. I don’t think there is an institution left he hasn’t attacked or besmirched in one way or another.

This newfound regard for “institutions” is humorous, at best.

Trumpism is about tearing it down, draining the swamp, regardless of the cost or the affect on institutions. It’s pretty obvious that if the goal is to destroy something, one better have a pretty good idea what the replacement will be, otherwise the replacement will be out of your control

What Trump and team, with their attack on institutions, have done is nothing more than a repeat of the invasion of Iraq.

Hasn’t attack his core base yet but it’s coming…