Steele Dossier correct yet again - Cohen was in Prague in the Summer of '16

I’m not suggesting anything, I’m wondering why you were. Surely you must have something to show Steele has a history of presenting false evidence. Or are you basing your assumption purely on your feelings?

The fact that he was going to the press behind the back of the FBI and had to be turned away by them suggests something less than ethical. Beyond the current situation, neither I nor you know what he has been up to nor is it very relevant.
M16 isn’t known for releasing all the information on their people.
But that is largely irrelevant to the dossier. No court in the land is going to say that someone giving hearsay evidence should be accepted as proof of anothers guilt, much less when they will not (understandably) provide the source of that hearsay.

Interesting theory. I hadn’t considered all that. And I would guess Trump Jr. is definitely a cog here.

But if the other parts haven’t been proven false, as in the case of the Steele dossier, the continuing effort on the part of Trump supporters to call it in question is just empty talk. The Steele dossier is looking more credible all the time. And that’s what irritates Trump and his supporters.

Wait? Why is going to the press less than ethical?

Probably four refreshes while writing it and another half dozen edits. :slight_smile:

When you know you are talking to the FBI and are not supposed to do so, then yes…it is unethical. That is why the FBI cut off dealing with him. And the reason? He was mad because Comey had, he believed, hurt Hillary’s chances of election. So…dishonest and biased.

"The FISA filing explains at length why Steele felt driven to break his word: In late October, FBI director James Comey had “sent a letter to the U.S. Congress, which stated that the FBI had learned of new information that might be pertinent to an investigation that the FBI was conducting of Candidate #2.” That would be the inquiry into Hillary Clinton and her emails. Comey’s action made Steele mad: “Source #1 told the FBI that he/she was frustrated with this action and believed it would likely influence the 2016 U.S. Presidential election.”
https://www.weeklystandard.com/eric-felten/the-fbis-long-break-up-with-christopher-steele

Yeah I knew this wasnt right either…

A former British spy gathering information on Donald Trump and Russia broke off his relationship with the FBI after a now-infamous October 2016 New York Times story reported the bureau did not see a “clear link” between Donald Trump and Russia.

That’s according to Glenn Simpson, founder of the research firm that hired the ex-spy, Fusion GPS, who testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee last summer. Democrats on Tuesday released Simpson’s testimony over the objection of Republicans.

So…either you are claiming Simpson lied to Congress which would be projecting…or what?

From the government FISA documents released under the FOIA:

"The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act documents released on July 21 after a FOIA lawsuit from USA Today show the government informing the court that the FBI had “suspended its relationship” with Christopher Steele. Steele is the former British spy who was the Justice Department’s “Source #1” for its warrant applications targeting Carter Page. FISA warrants must be renewed every 90 days, and in the first such renewal filing with the court in January 2017, it was revealed that the suspension came after Steele was caught talking to the press, which the FBI had told him not to do."

So we have official FISA documents vs the word of Glenn Simpson, who kept hidden that this was opposition research for a year.

It being opposition research is irrelevant…or do you not understand how elections work? No ok…

So you are claiming Simpson lied under oath that steele walked away…got it.

I’m gonna need a link to this claim…all I’m seeing is right wing articles claiming what you are claiming…so…

CNN’s version of the nude selfie report.

Somehow I am not convinced that the Daily Beasts recording of one of the principals in this opp research and cover up is the best source over FOIA documents from FISA.
The article reference I provided has the party to the FOIA and date listed. You should be able to search this down as well as I, and since you are the one questioning the validity…

Nytimes and Washington post both report the same thing…I’ll take that over daily mail

Again the research is irrelevant…so you can keep wasting your time bringing it up…but this is the last time I’m going to bother with it.

I’m not researching anything…you made the claim…back your stuff up…again I dont play these games. Either you back your stuff up or I’ll just walk away and you will just be wrong…

Your choice…

The refresh is annoying. I have found it easier to write longer posts off-line and then paste them in.

Well, let’s check in to see how our President is doing this fine Saturday:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1079040052234203141?s=21

Typical.

Mueller Angry Democrats - the MADS. I kinda like it.

And of course, it’s another fat donald lie.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1079041884067168256?s=21

Screenshot%20from%202018-12-29%2008-07-34

He’s all over the place this morning.

I wonder if he didn’t have access to his phone, and as soon as he got it he had a bunch of different things he needed to get out all at once.

1 Like

There needs to be a grownup in the room that dispenses the lines of crushed-up adderall in the appropriate amounts. Trump may be snorting a few lines too many.

They would presumably been accurate as to what Simpson told Congress. Here’s why his word isn’t worth ■■■■ and you need to rely on the FISA documents.

“But London court records show, and Republicans emphasize, that Steele briefed Yahoo News and other reporters in the fall of 2016 at the direction of Fusion GPS – the opposition research firm behind the Steele Dossier.”