State Department warned about possible pandemic from Wuhan lab in 2018

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1243407157321560071?lang=en

1 Like

I am waiting for the media to flip from “lab origin is a crazy conspiracy theory” to “Trump was an idiot to believe the Chinese government and ignore the State Department’s clear warning”.

1 Like

Credible reporting doesn’t break Twitter’s TOS.

I never bought into that.

It was a poor weapon.

Accident sounds plausible and merits a global investigation…Not just USA.

That appears a likely shift.

Yes, my opinion is that virus came from a lab but was not intended as a bioweapon.

Scientists in the US and China have been doing gain-of-function research by combining features of naturally occurring coronaviruses. The idea of the work is to understand virus better, but the work involves developing dangerous strains that can infect humans. Here is one example with a lead author from the University of North Carolina and co-authors from a lab in Wuhan, China:

https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985

My opinion, is the COVID-19 is the result of an accidental release of a similar virus.

Work in Wuhan involving coronaviruses was no secret, and there are reports the US government actually spent $3.7 million to fund research that brought bat coronaviruses from remote parts of China back to Wuhan for laboratory study. Lab origin and natural origin are not mutually exclusive.

For more background see:

1 Like

Good information.

Thanks!

I don’t care much for that Tucker Carlson fellow.

Yawn. Another conspiracy theory. Wake me up when there’s proof of something.

That’s pretty warped that you would equate sexual assault to goofy right wing conspiracy theories.

It does if it offends Xi-who-must-not-be-named or the left-wing establishment:

Here are some of its offenses:
the blog is still publishing panic-inducing stories about the coronavirus, like one entitled: “‘Corpses Taken Directly To Crematorium’ - New Accounts Detail Grisly Operation At Wuhan’s Fifth Hospital.”

. . .The more people listen to conspiracy theories, the more they panic, the more credence it gives to other conspiracy theorists that claim the virus was created by the Trump administration to distract us from the impeachment trial, and so on.

Any reporting that actually burst our blissful complacency or distracted from more important matters such as the bogus impeachment trial must be silenced! That was the party line at the end of January.

Perhaps Zerohedge’s real crime was it got the coronavirus story right while the rest of the media was still blathering about why the flu is really much more dangerous.

The way you keep repeating this makes me think you don’t want to acknowledge Trump’s general ass kissing of Xi.

doubtful.

the worst case scenario is that the lab, which experiments with corona-virus’ was injecting animals with this version from horseshoe bats (which are from about 600 miles away from Wuhan) and once studied, idiot workers at the facility were selling the animals to the wet market.

This version to me, has the ring of truth.

1 Like

What’s warped are the double standards libs are applying to Joe Biden’s accuser.

Senator Kennedy of Louisiana is calling for a Senate investigation of the origins of the virus including a possible lab origin:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/watch/sen-john-kennedy-on-origins-of-covid-19-pandemic-china-has-some-explaining-to-do/vi-BB12Dt1U

1 Like

Trying to get you to stay remotely on the vague fuzzy contours of a box of squirrels on meth.

When you do anything but hand wave and make up wild conspiracy theories to not havecto deal with 23 named sexual assault accusers and two credible rape allegations against President Trump, THEN you can pretend to have a moral leg to stand on.

Libs are the ones preaching it and I’m simply pointing out that they aren’t practicing it. Sorry if that hit home.

2 Likes

The media has a strange relationship with the Chinese government. They realize that the government is oppressive and has concentration camps for political opponents and ethnic minorities, but they are more than willing to ignore those facts so long as they continue to have access to China:

Recent history show that China has been more than willing to expel reporters who don’t follow the party line:

That background may explain why the media have been so reluctant to investigate the likely lab origin for the virus.

Their dilemma will be if they see an opportunity to bash Trump by exploiting this story. How can they criticize Trump for not adequately questioning China’s lies while still sucking up to Xi?

1 Like

Turns out China only let people in to investigate that were corrupt. Like Fauci’s subcontractor that wanted to hide the NIH involvement in funding the lab. The WHO is useless.

What do you think it was manufactured for, then? And why was Fauci funding it?