Starting to See Why Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez So Frightens Conservatives

Do you think the heads of 20 countries sat around in a room and wrote the Paris Climate Agreement? or do you think a bunch of nerds working for them wrote it over the course of years and got them in a room for final approval.

do you think Nacy is staying up late writing bill in her office? or is her job to get a bunch of other people to vote Yes.

I didnā€™t say it is doable an in fact Iā€™m positive it isnā€™t, never said otherwise. But she never once said anything about banning anything, yet people keep repeating that as if she had. Itā€™s beyond disingenuous, itā€™s an outright fabrication. Itā€™s ridiculous.

Sorry, what? I just finished saying I disagree with the proposal on her website. Howā€™s that not caring?

Youā€™re the first.

Hell H_Arendt even said he agreed with the policy once he saw it.

the Green deal is a great idea but that is all it is.

all she said was ā€œzero emission in 10 yearsā€ and ā€œGreenā€.

Fossil fuels are not the only fuel sources.

I wouldnā€™t call what is on her website a ā€œPolicyā€.

There is a reason why Obamacare was like 100,000 pages long.
because ā– ā– ā– ā–  is complicated.

people agree with the concept of a ā€œGreen dealā€

Youā€™re leaving out an important word. Net zero emissions.

And your defending her for writing a fairy tale that isnā€™t going to happen 100 years.
And yes her plan calls for zero emissions in 10 years. So, you tell me why is she trying to push a plan that is never going to work if she doesnā€™t believe it can work?

Thatā€™s exactly right. The green new deal is an acknowledgement that we need to do something but we donā€™t have all the answers yet.

Why did we build the Transcontinental railroad.

The plan, in the form of a non-binding resolution, weaves together what had been a hodgepodge of progressive proposals and aspirations into a single initiative. It sets a goal of shifting the nation to 100 percent ā€œclean, renewable, and zero-emission energy sources,ā€ within 10 years.

Great idea.

Iā€™d suggest you look at the actual legislation.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-resolution/109/text

Building the transcontinental railroad was not to cut down on horses because they had gas.
It was built to connect the east coast to the west coast. And was also faster than stage coach.
What AOC wants us to do is go back to stage coaches.

2 Likes

is the hoover dam a stage coach?
Its one of the largest renewable powerplant in America.

Sheā€™s a dreamer, and it could happen in fifty years, though unlikely. And I"m telling people to stop lying more than I am defending her, itā€™s no wonder there are now as many independents as there are republicans.

If every car sold from today forward, worldwide, were electric it would take 20 to 25 years to replace pretty much all gas and diesel cars. Electric cars will be essentially perfected in ten. Powerful batteries with no dangerous heavy metals are in labs now and being scaled up so they can be mass produced. That is the biggest hurdle.

You tell me this? In rural America a lot of people live miles from the nearest town. Me, I have to drive 1 1/2 hours to reach the nearest town which has a population of 1000 people. The nearest big town is 4 hours away. How are you going to lay enough track and make it pay for itā€™s self in rural America? Heck they canā€™t even run buses to every rancher and farmer in the area to pickup kids for school and make it pay thatā€™s why we have to drive our kids into school.

Okay, this is hilarious. The VERY first order of business once you get through all that wherefores and whatnots isā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.wait for itā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

(A) to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions through a fair and just transition for all communities and workers;

Net zero is extremely important.

Biofuels can supply energy which is otherwise out of reach.