Stars & Stripes

Anyone that has been in the military, especially if deployed overseas will recognize the banner.

The Trump budget eliminated funding for an information source that has been a staple for service members and their families deployed overseas or on cruise for decades. About half their revenue comes from government support to help them support our Soldiers, Sailors, Airman and Marines.

I find this sad.
.WW, PHS

Here is the news source.
.WW, PHS

I remember that and AFN on the tube, spent a couple years in Germany 83-85.

1 Like

It is sad. It’s a great independent military news source. I’m a Vet and S+S is one of my “dailies”. I wonder how this will affect daily operations.

I remember Stars and Stripes and liked it.
How many remember the female DJ, Chris Noel, on Armed Forces Radio? She was another of my favorites.

1 Like

It is sad. Spent 7 years in Germany and 3 1/2 years deployed and I remember Stars and Stripes and AFN fondly.

Like all other print news. It has seen it’s better days. I’m glad he’s finally making budget cuts.

1 Like

Trump didn’t do this, he has no idea what Stars & Stripes is. This was the Pentagon.

If Trump can lay claims to the good things, he can be responsible for the bad.

He is the Commander-In-Chief is he not? Or is he just clueless?
.WW, PHS

2 Likes

Line Item 9,846. He listened to the Generals.

Maybe instead of doing this, he could have found the money for at least one more year of Stars and Stripes?

https://twitter.com/realDailyWire/status/1229124422121881600?s=20

Remember when Barack Obama using Air Force One for a Statue of Liberty FlyBy was the absolute worst scandal in the world?

Donald Trump remembers.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/141912279661805568

I’m sure today was diffeRent though…

1 Like

Trump knows way more than generals. He told me that.

Maybe Trump could take a few less golfing weekends and save something that actually serves the military.
.WW, PHS

He could. And use the money to build the wall.

There is in fact zero reason to vote for any gop candidate. Everything they have whined about they do.

Lost?

Aww gee, now they have to go seek out entertainment at the FOB theater, or gym, or 24/7 buffet at the chow hall, or the Bazaar, or the weekend music concert…

What will the POG’s do without Stars and Stripes???

Oh Hell no. It’s campaign season. He is doing everything to win. As he should.

So wasting taxpayer dollars is cool when a President you like does it.

Got it.

They are much more than print now.