Starbucks Not Doing Good

I’d guess they mean “rent.”

Im not a coffee person really, but I do know when I’m in the mood for a coffee based drink, my usual stop is at McDonald’s. I’ll get Caramel Frappe for like $2.50 thats just as good as the $4.50 version of the same drink at Starbucks. Competition and market saturation is what is slowing Starbucks growth, not really wage increases.

1 Like

That’s not what the Starbuck’s dude said.

In a way, you just made an anecdotal case that it is wage increases. Starbucks presumably charges more than McDonald’s for the same product to pay the higher wages.

Not really, starbucks has never sold a frappe for $2.50, they’ve always been expensive.

Wage increases go by area, not by product, no?

Wouldn’t McDonalds prices have to rise with the increase in minimum wage for the area they’re located?

I know Massachusetts experienced a minimum wage hike within the last year. One businesse is pretty up front about it–the Dunkin’ Donuts near me. By the register is a sign “Due to a recent state wide minimum wage increase, our prices have risen. We’re sorry for any inconvenience.”

I’m not sure that the demand for the product has dropped, as it’s located by a local highway with access to both Boston & Worcester.

Higher wages is b.s. Every Barrista makes many times their wages in drinks. The real problem is executive salaries and bonuses. Corporate is heartless. If they could make employees sell their children and donate the proceeds to corporate they would.

Well yeah, of course she isn’t doing good. She kinda died in season 4 only to come back as some sort of angel and then fade away again.

If it’s hot enough you can get 6 million bucks.

1 Like

“Never understood the fascination with coffee”

And you’re still alive?:anguished:

How do you do it? IIRC tea & soda don’t have quite the caffeine.

“I like the way it smells, oddly enough, but not the taste.” :dizzy_face:

And if you eat enough McD’s breakfast burritos, you can get 6 million trips to the bathroom.

I’ve had two cups of coffee already…

I love coffee…

But I only drink it on the weekends.