St. Louis Couples Who defended their Private Property From Rioters with Guns, Got search warrant and Weapons seized

Why would people within their legal rights to defend their property have a search warrant issued in the first place?

1 Like

That is not an answer to the question I asked.

That post wasnā€™t in response to youā€¦or, it was supposed to be in response to the OP.

Weird how it wasnā€™t.

Iā€™ll answer yours in a minute.

I hate to tell you this, but the current occupant of the White House has several times come out in favor of civil asset forfeiture.

So this will continue unabated under Trump as well.

I didnā€™t defend the search warrant.

I donā€™t know what the cops in St. Louis are thinking, nor what laws exist there that would allow them to investigate this as a criminal activity.

The McCloskeys never left their property, so in my mind they did nothing wrong.

However in response to the OPer trying to make this a ā€œBidenā€ thing, Iā€™m reminding him that under the current President seizures like this will continueā€¦and he favors them continuing.

1 Like

I agree with you. It is a shame that people like this are being treated like criminals.

I donā€™t think the President, no matter who, can circumvent State law.

1 Like

Civil asset forfeiture is a Constitutional issue.

They canā€™t which is why making this a Biden/Trump thing was ridiculous.

However, if this is what the OPer is going to talk about, I will disabuse him of the notion that Trump shares his beliefs on civil asset forfeiture.

This makes me so angry! At Joe Biden!

3 Likes

What was unlawful about it?

Hey, they got the notoriety they wanted rather than being sensible. Good for them.

Please, this action was local not federal. The St. Louis DA is a ā€œprogressiveā€ enabler of lawless anarchists. The murder numbers in St. Louis are increasing yet this DA finds usurping citizens rights more important. Vote her out St. Louie Will St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner get four more years to upend the criminal justice system?

Hey this is crazy, but maybe somebody should find out what the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  warrant was for? Itā€™s public record you know.

2 Likes

Like I said, these two morons got hooked, and now they lost their precious guns. It ainā€™t the wild west out there anymore.

Yes. The liberal dream- taking everyoneā€™s firearms.

1 Like

Nice try, the Prezā€™ stance on ā€œcivil asset forfeitureā€ is in cases of organized crime and drug kingpins.
Law abiding citizens protecting their property against a lawless mob? Hope the ACLU sides with the homeowners, this could be entertaining in a federal lawsuit filed on their behalf.

Let us know what you ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  find out.

In fact, police later confirmed an investigation into the protesters ā€” not the McCloskeys ā€” for fourth-degree assault by intimidation, as well as trespassing.

Still, St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner, a Democrat, has claimed the McCloskeys committed a ā€œviolent assault,ā€ and she vowed to ā€œuse the full power of Missouri law to hold [the McCloskeys] accountable.ā€

1 Like

I donā€™t care enough though. You guys clearly do. Or is it easier to rant if you donā€™t know? Hmmm.

1 Like

Youā€™ve decided.