Speed limits and traffic lights are now optional in Berkeley

Do you like the plan? Smart idea?

I’m going to wait until the “plan” is actually written before I make any judgements.

Personally, I’m not a big fan of pearl-clutching and fauxrage.

1 Like

From everything I have read, the goal is to eliminate it. Do you think that’s a good idea?

Do I think heavily armed cops need to show up when there’s a fender bender? No.

Me neither! It is definitely crystal clear that council doesn’t really approve of their police force. Or they would not have come up with this “plan” in the first place. I think the cops should stop writing tickets immediatly. Don’t you?

Yes, it is quite clear that the Berkeley City Council is unhappy with their Police Department.

I believe that is a sentiment shared by most of their constituents. If not, they’ll be voted out.

They usually only carry a pistol during a traffic stop. Hell, I carry a pistol. What should they do with their sidearm during traffic stops?

It would be a very bad idea to eliminate traffic enforcement as your title says. Fortunately, that’s not what’s happening.

It really amazes me how many liberals are opposed to liberal ideas. So I guess you disapprove of the “plan?” Do you think it’s all bluster?

What liberals are opposed to liberal ideas? The plan is not as your OP and title claim.

It’s just an observation. Take it or leave it.

BERKELEY, Calif. (KRON) – The Berkeley City Council has approved a plan to remove police from traffic stops.

Sounds pretty clear to me. :man_shrugging:

It will. It ain’t going to be no year either.

We’ll see.

Mexico is going to pay for the wall.

Traffic violations will still be enforced. Speed limits and stop signs will not be optional as your OP and title claim.

Angela Davis’ grand babies ain’t got that kind of patience.

Now there is a School that should be defunded and tax exempt status revoked if ever there was one!

You know Berkeley is a whole city - not just a University?

1 Like

They don’t need to change the laws to not enforce them.

Berkeley is such a lovely utopian city.