Special counsel obtains Trump ally Erik Prince's phones, computer

Well, it was like two months and right before Trump assumes office soooooo

Why should the FBI tell you anything?

This didn’t happen recently. Prince has already been questioned by Mueller. He voluntarily turned over his phone and computer. He didn’t even take a sledge hammer to them.

This is another reason that Mueller needs to wrap up this investigation. It gets sillier every day.

Prince was never associated with Trump’s campaign.

Why do you believe he was questioned by Mueller? And what makes any of this silly?

Well that is not true.

Prince never officially worked for the Trump campaign, transition or administration. But he was a prominent Trump supporter during the campaign, spent time around senior transition officials and has continued informally advising the Trump White House on some major foreign policy decisions.

CNN reported that Prince met with Trump and Gen. Michael Flynn during the campaign. He also gave $250,000 to pro-Trump efforts during the campaign, according to Federal Election Commission records.

“I supported him monetarily,” Prince told lawmakers in November about his ties to the campaign. “I attended some fundraisers. I wrote some papers on different foreign policy positions and, you know, kicked them up into the adviser-sphere on what should be done on Middle Eastern or African counterterrorism issues.”

From your linked article…

During the 2016 presidential campaign, Prince grew closer to Donald Trump’s orbit.

WHat the hell does that even mean?

By going from merely monetarily supporting him, to actively being engaged with members and advisers to the campaign. His congressional testimony explains all of this.

I don’t care what CNN said. I studied Eric Prince when this was going on last year. He was questioned under oath before the House Intelligence Committee.

I don’t care what lying Adam Schiff thinks either.

12/6/17

At various times during his testimony, Prince grew frustrated with the questions. At one point, he said, “Now listen. It’s 5:30. I haven’t been home in a week. I flew in this morning from Africa, and I’ve had about enough of this. So thank you.”

Representative Adam Schiff, the Democratic ranking member, told him that if he did not cooperate, the committee would issue a subpoena to compel him to return. Prince suggested the committee instead focus on who in the intelligence community leaked the details of his January meeting to the Post.

On his way out, Prince told reporters that Schiff should apologize for “wasting all of our time, for wasting millions of taxpayer dollars on a meaningless fishing expedition.”

And I don’t care what Adam Schiff thinks either.

And then George Nader was granted limited immunity and blew up Prince’s lies, exposing them for what they were. Hence Mueller gaining access to his electronic devices and questioning him.

Believe what you will, but he is now a proven liar.

All for what? Are you trying to find collusion? That meeting took place before the election. I will leave you to it, I don’t have time to go over this again.

I have a theory about Rudy. Perhaps he is busy prepping Trump for an interview with Mueller. And perhaps he is looking at the July 4th recess for that to happen if he decides it goes ahead. July 4th is a good time since the hill is vacant and even a lot of press take some time off. Just a thought.

I meant to say “after the election.” That meeting took place after the election.

The meeting that Prince both arranged and attended between Nader and Donald Trump, Jr, offering UAE support for Donald Trump, occurred in August, 2016.

Prince told the committee he had no contacts with the campaign.

He lied. About events before the election.

He’s a liar.

Under oath.

Mueller has his phones and computers, now.

2 Likes

Damn. Surely @piper will now change her tune regarding Prince and his penchant for lying.

Right, Piper?

You have a PhD.

Teh plot thickens

He made a complete fool out of himself. I’d be in hiding too if I were him.

I don’t understand this non-sequitur. :confused:

One big liar prepping an even bigger liar to speak to Mueller under oath? Not a good strategy.