Special counsel obtains Trump ally Erik Prince's phones, computer

“In April 2017, the Washington Post reported that Prince, whose sister Betsy DeVos is President Donald Trump’s education secretary, had traveled to the Seychelles in January following Trump’s election for a secret meeting with a Russian official with close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin.”

2 Likes

Oh ho ho. Interesting.

This is Betsy DeVos’ brother? Lol!

1 Like

Not to change the subject but, where the hell is Rudy? He’s beem MIA for a while.

Tbis is the same guy that offered to set up trump with his own spy ring…

From the article…

Two of Prince’s former business associates, both of whom asked to remain anonymous, told ABC News they have been contacted by investigators probing a pair of proposed business deals between the Hong Kong-based security firm Frontier Services Group, of which Prince is the founder and chairman, and Russian nationals.

One former business associate, who has worked with Prince since the 1990s, recounted a recent conversation with FBI agents from Mueller’s office.

“Are you aware of any falsehoods in the testimony that Erik Prince gave to the House Intelligence Committee?” the associate said agents asked him.

The associate said he told the agents about Prince’s previously undisclosed alliance with Dimitriy Streshinskiy, a former Russian special forces soldier turned arms dealer and manufacturer.

According to a 2015 interim report from an internal investigation conducted for the company by an outside law firm, a man named “Dimitry,” whom two sources later told ABC News was actually Streshinskiy, acted as Prince’s partner in an effort to secure a possibly illegal private security contract with Azerbaijan.

This man seems to be into some pretty shady stuff. And he apparently lied multiple times to Congress. Any bets that Nunes will not seek to bring him back in for additional testimony?

Good question. There’s always so much noise coming out of this administration that you miss the silence when it happens.

And Rudy being quiet is not like Rudy at all.

Of all people involved in this stuff, I’d expect Prince to be the most likely to exert rigor on the maintenance of records available on his phones and computers. That leads me to believe that Mueller’s team may be looking not for what they find, but what they don’t find.

It seems the Special Counsel is adept at seeking information he already has, else their wouldn’t be so many people flipping.

1 Like

Great point. I completely agree as well. Also with the limited immunity granted to Nader, it’s likely a given Mueller knows a lot also.

WAPO is fake news… The search for big foot goes on. Too bad we have to pay for Mueller to party.

1 Like

I get the feeling that this is the part of the investigation where Columbo says something like, “Just a couple more questions. It’s just that my boss likes me to have all the loose ends tidied up into a neat package, you see. I hope you don’t mind. This won’t take long.”

We’re about to transition into the final third of the episode, just after this word from our sponsor; Tide, with Bleach!

The TV analogy is perfect liberalism…

There wasn’t a good corresponding radio analogy.

2 Likes

Why won’t the FBI tell us when they started spying on the Trump camp and the original cause of their spying? How much they paid the spies, how many were there…

:rofl: :joy:

Months after the election? :rofl:

What is this post in reference to exactly?

The OP. “In April 2017, the Washington Post reported that Prince, whose sister Betsy DeVos is President Donald Trump’s education secretary, had traveled to the Seychelles in January following Trump’s election for a secret meeting with a Russian official with close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin.”

That trip was months after the election.

Okay. I’m not sure what your point is though? That he lied about it, and has since been caught lying? Which means there is reason to believe he lied about other things as well? :confused: