Spam Phone Calls

They make plenty. You would be amazed at how many people fall for the IRS and Social Security and Microsoft security scams. As long as there is a population of gullible fools the scammers will find ways to continue.

I don’t get that many, but I do get some. They have increased in number since I applied for student loans…I feel your pain. I just don’t answer the phone anymore, let it roll to VM, and call them back if they are a legitimate person that isn’t a spammer.

I see a difference between scam callers and robo marketing calls. “Buy your perscription from us” companies that will send you your medicine vs. the “this is Microsoft security, your computer is…” scam calls.

Both are evil and their whether their perpetrators spend an eternity in Hell is a guide to whether God is just.

Yes! I get a lady yelling at me in Chinese on my cell phone. Weird.

They can even make it look like the call originates from your phone.

I get tons of those calls. It is to the point that if i don’t recognise the call i don’t answer.

1 Like

My sentiments exactly. And if it is an important legitimate call they will leave a message.

1 Like

Whenever I get the calls from the IRS I always call back and ask for sex until they disconnect their number. As for spoofing a number I got one with my own number calling me!! :rofl::rofl:

Last year some lady woke me up and said that I called her, I told that wasn’t possible as I was sleeping all day and no one has access to my phone, and someone must be spoofing my number. When she kept talking about it, I just hung up on her

1 Like

Do these guys leave messages? I don’t answer any calls from numbers I don’t recognize.

Lol oh yes they do. I’ve been warned I could go to jail for IRS problems, and I get messages about car warranties. But I don’t answer calls I don’t recognize either. Leave a message or your number gets blocked.

2 Likes

Yes they do. Like Demon I’ve been threatened with jail on my voice mail.

I’ve had to block these numbers. My husband, a naturalized citizen, has gotten those voice mails too. The actual Social Security Administration does not threaten arrest or deportation.

That’s a new one on me. I get up to dozen unidentified calls a day and never has one left a message.

1 Like

Robo calls will leave a message sometimes.

1 Like

Yup, I give out a fake phone number to everyone outside of family and work contacts, doctor.

I don’t answer my phone unless I recognize the number and if for some reason it is a spam call, I block the caller.

1 Like

I used to get one of those that left a voicemail saying the local cops would take me into custody if I didn’t call them back. It actually said cops, not police. It was hilarious.

1 Like

I don’t know why the IRS thing is still going…everyone knows the IRS communicates in writing.

1 Like

I’m starting to get 1-2 robo voice mails a day. Somehow I don’t think that legislation would fix it as a lot of these calls and messages originate outside the U.S. I got one in Vietnamese a week ago.

Ha! Yes! Make them uncomfortable. :smiley:

1 Like

Most don’t, but every once in a while I get a message.

I’ve gotten messages in Chinese, and a couple of WhatsApp texts in Spanish.

1 Like