Southwest's meltdown is a combination of factors, but in the end, you get what you pay for

Yes. I was going to add that, but let it go. The same holds true for an Ocean liner trip (not a cruise.) I have done all three and cherish the experiences.

Trains are better than busses for sure, and ships are better than trains. But each is an experience unto itself to be enjoyed.

1 percenters. :smirk:

:wink:

1 Like

What was your longest trip?

Palm Beach County, FL to somewhere in South Carolina, I think.

I was with some weird wannabe hippie dudes, I don’t remember many of the details. It was almost 20 years ago, and there were some drugs involved.

I’m a big guy - 6’5" and 250 or so lbs. There is little for me to enjoy, stuffed into a greyhound seat.

I’ve never done the ship thing - the biggest water vessel I’ve been on is probably the Staten Island ferry.

I’ve always wanted to go on a cruise, but COVID (on top of the existing Legionnaire’s, norovirus, etc issues) has made me a little reticient

The enjoyment is not about comfort. It does get old in a hurry, even for a small guy like me and it does not beg for a second such experience, but at least one long bus trip (mine was in Australia when I 24) is still an enjoyable memory.

I have taken a three-week trip on an ocean liner (Brisbane to Osaka,) but I have never been on a cruise, nor do I have any desire or intension to do so. The whole idea of a going on a floating amusement park, stuck there with two or three thousand (or more) other people for a couple of weeks is not my idea of enjoyment.

Ah, I see what you’re saying - I can see how one might be a pleasant memory, and I might even have enjoyed it, the first time I did it.

But I did a lot of too-long bus rides, when I was younger.

Oh, I’d much rather take a trip on an Ocean Liner than a cruise. I have no interest in any of that nonsense you see on the ads - I just want to relax, eat, drink and maybe gamble a little.

But I can’t imagine fitting something like a three-week trip into me and my wife’s schedules any time soon.