Southwest Airlines workers are getting sick of the vaccine mandates

Might want to rethink that:

This article should also dispel the myth that institutional racism only tajes place in southern or conservative states.

Good question.

Another issue I don’t get is phrased goes something like this:

I support vaccination but not a mandate.

Is this a new POV? It’s doubtful any of this opinion have protested supplying vaccination records to enroll kids in school, for instance.

No need. I saw it in color.

Actually my state has religious, medical and personal exemptions for childhood vaccinations.

1 Like

The weather…

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/boeing-workers-protest-vaccine-mandate

2 Likes

I feel sorry for the children if those with other than medical exemptions. They’re risking serious illnesses & deaths from highly communicable diseases that are easily prevented, as well as spreading them to others.

Some kids are too young to get some of these vaccinations. As an example, recipients of meningitis vaccination must be at least 12.

Some are immune suppressed or allergic to a component in a vaccination.

I’m sure some of these parents would be squealing like stuck pigs if they got bit by a dog the owner didn’t vaccinate, but they want the freedom to spread painful, life threatening illnesses to others.

Feh!

Awwww, thanks! I appreciate that you feel sorry for my children. My children did not receive all of the recommended vax. They got the ones my doctor and I discussed were important as well as on the schedule that we discussed to be appropriate. I will assure you none of my children had nor gave anyone a disease.
Miraculously they all survived childhood and became healthy adults.

2 Likes

As a matter of fact, my daughter’s pediatrician is trying to force a vaccination against a virus that isn’t highly contagious—HPV, much as the medical establishment tried to force prenatal genetics testing on me. The way I see it, they don’t respect the patients bill of rights, which gives patients the right to decline services they don’t want. Why should I respect their freedom to choose—especially when so many small businesses were decimated “to not overwhelm the nursing profession”.

Other than opting out of vaccinations for maladies that aren’t highly contagious, though, I see the anti vaccination movement as very destructive. There’s just going to be disagreement on this issue.

I see the Authoritarian mandates up to and including all who don’t toe the line being fired as dangerous.

The woke libs in this administration would love nothing more than to push us eventually into being Venezuela or a communist country. That happens one step at a time.

As the old saying goes When one gives up freedom for security/safety they wind up with neither.

Most folks aren’t anti vax anyway but rather anti draconian mandates. Anto lockdowns of businesses etc.

I’ve heard some of the pilots speaking on the radio who are vaccinated but upset about the mandates.

I’ve had both shots but am anti draconian mandates.

The hard push toward being controlled is not a good thing. Sit down and shut up is dangerous imo.

Just my opinion but i think it is mirrored by millions.

I wish all the pilots in every airline would quit myself until old “Brandon” comes to his senses.

Seems like Southwest folded. They won’t fire people now.

3 Likes

Weather?

1 Like

I don’t believe so. We never had any weather problems. I know quit a few SW pilots, they wouldn’t come out and say it but I believe it was a sick out.

3 Likes

Good. I heard Delta pilots are making a stand now.

2 Likes

Yep Delta now has ditched the mandate.

3 Likes

For passengers or just employees?

What on earth?

“But the reality is the only way we’re going to get to a place where we work through this transition is if everyone in America and everyone around the world gets vaccinated,” he said.

1 Like

Employees

Every political failing for the next decade will be Covid.

We can’t let them do that.

It is a point to the plus for Trump 2024.

Going to be hard to make the passengers if the crew doesn’t have to.

California

2 Likes