South Dakota Eliminates Concealed Carry Fees

“It will not cost you a penny to exercise your 2nd Amendment rights in South Dakota. We are even paying for your federal background checks,” Governor Kristi Noem.

Hopefully this will become the norm in other states as well. And before anyone gets their shorts in a bunch, this does not eliminate the need for a background check, it only protects our Constitutional Rights.
https://news.sd.gov/newsitem.aspx?id=30338

2 Likes

I am actually surprised that the Supremes didn’t flatly strike fees such as this in their decision

good idea…

2 Likes

This was a state decision, the fees for background checks are federal.

There was not court decision on this.

I am aware, but I absolutely expected the court to strike the entirety of the permitting regime. They got halfway there by dropping “may issue” permits. But now what is going to happen is blue state jigger pokery around “shall issue” which will necessitate another ruling. That’s my prediction, anyway.

1 Like

Madam Governor…Cowgirl…

hat-tip-gif-61

2 Likes

I agree. Those are the discussions among the conservative justices I’d love to hear. You know they talked about it. Probably argued about it. Would be good stuff.

I can understand the political weight that this news carries. But IMHO most folks would not mind paying a fee to have their paperwork processed.

Good governing.

2 Likes

…and good looking too. :+1: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

It’s not the money, it’s the principle.

Do you want to pay a fee for free speech?

2 Likes

Wrong.

1 Like