Something different what is your favorite looking state and country flags

Have been getting bored on politics over the past week. Was interested in your opinions on flags :slight_smile: What is your favorite and runner up country as well as U.S. state flags. Only rule most be a current flag :slight_smile:

My favorite flag from another country is the union flag of Great Britain I just love the design.

My runner up is Albania’s flag it has a certain Hogwarts appeal to it.

As for state flags I unfortunately feel like our designers dropped the ball, they are just a few I like.

My favorite is the Alaskan Flag, kinda has an EU vibe to it but I personally like it better.

Second place I kind of like the commonwealth of Kentucky’s flag.

What’s your favorites?

Faroe Islands :faroe_islands:
Iceland :iceland:
Nepal :nepal:

1 Like

Nice picks looks like another person who admires simplicity in the flag design like me :slight_smile: I like the Iceland flag as well it is in my top five

Any U.S. state flags you like? Thanks for responding to the post :+1:

I like Albania :albania: for that two headed eagle. That’s a cool symbol.

Tied for first is Romania :romania:. I love the colors together.

Big fan of Romanian women’s gymnastics, too. My favorite is Aurelia Dobre from Bucharest.

As for state flags, I’ve always liked the Lone Star state flag.

3 Likes

I like Albania as well interesting pick Romania traditional three line design like France, Russia and more although I do like the colors better in Romania’s flag.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

3 Likes

Alaska’s flag was designed by 13 year old Benny Benson.

I remember learning about that in school.

1 Like

Arizona and New Mexico - bold colors, simple designs.

2 Likes

Well I’m being biased… LOL

When my uncle left the United States (he’s Jamaican also) he moved to Wales where he spent the rest of his life. I never seen the flag before until I visited him back in 2000. I thought it was pretty cool.
gettyimages-1177263291-640x640

My home state has the ugliest flag in the country…prove me wrong. LOL
mdflag_lg2

Well, I actually think the Maryland state flag is the coolest. And I have a tattoo of that Welsh dragon. At that time many years ago I had no idea it was on a national flag. I just thought it looked cool and should be on my body forever.

1 Like

Wow that’s my favorite US. flag and by a 13 year old never the less.

I like the first two especially the second that is Wales?

Heh-heh, my state flag has nudity!

https://images.app.goo.gl/eUFdVZj6DeXSJcV58

Yes…it really is a pretty cool flag.

Lol…

Ya that is nice so is the Jamaican flag

I love the state, the flag sometimes to me at lest looks better at different times I have seen different representations of it. :man_shrugging:

Eight stars of gold on a field of blue.

1 Like