Someone thought THIS was a good idea? Unmarked envelope with debit card

When my bank mails me a new Debit card, it’s always in an unmarked envelope - my bank’s name doesn’t appear on it.

I think that’s a pretty standard practice, when money (or access to it) is being sent through the mail.

1 Like

But you are usually expecting it. You know the card is expiring soon.

Where the 4 million people somehow notified to watch for a card in the mail?

Anybody have a picture of an actual envelop.

Without seeing an actual envelope, I really can’t comment on this either way.

What do you suppose the odds are Money Network Cardholder Services or MetaBank®, N.A are Trump donors?

1 Like

Trump didn’t send them a letter?

Wouldn’t checks have been cheaper and easier to track? How do you issue a prepaid debit card to someone and ensure noone else gets access to the funds? I mean I’m seeing plenty of concern over potential fraud with voting, but this is perfectly fine. Because reasons.

It’s almost as if the government went out of its way to make sure the stimulus and other relief programs were handled as ineptly as possible.

Spend 30 years yelling that government is no good and electing people who believe that…I guess you shouldn’t be surprised when you end up with a government populated with people out to make it no good.

Oh, it’s not just the stimulus. They do that with everything.

Usually they’re not as blatantly obvious about it.

Before of after the card arrived and the person tossed it in the trash?

on the IRS website it also talks about have the stimulus put on a certain type of debit card a taxpayer may have and be using. That I can see. But just picking 4 million to send the debit card to?? Someone needs to be bitch slapped over that stupid idea.

Can you imagine the outcry if the Trump administration had taken months on designing the program to get to people?

It wouldn’t need to take months if we hadn’t been slowly eroding government’s ability to function over the past several decades.

And don’t claim the government can never be efficient. They are efficient when they want to be…When you have a moment, contrast FEMA’s response to Katrina in New Orleans to how they were when hurricanes hit Jeb Bush’s Florida that same year.

Something similar, but my fault and laziness…You know the statements you get from your medical insurance, I haven’t opened them in forever, because my insurance covers everything, and it was always just showing my appointments were paid etc. They go straight to the shredder. So the other day for whatever reason I decided to open one, and there was a check for $40 included with the statement, not a lot, but still…Makes me wonder how many checks went into the shredder…:thinking:

I’m sure the company that issued them didn’t hurry to tell you they hadn’t been cashed either.

You could call a hundred people and say you’re from the IRS and need their Social Security and debit card numbers and five to ten of those people will do it. More if you buy an AARP call list.

I’m sure…I’m expecting a letter any day now…lol.

1 Like

I worked for a bank for 17 years and it was standard practice to send debit and credit cards in unmarked inconspicuous envelopes.

1 Like

When I retired, I was expecting a payout from Vanguard. For some reason they didn’t do direct deposit, but instead sent checks through snail mail.

The check, for a fairly large sum of money, came in a window envelope with “Pay to” clearly visable in the window.

Before.