Someone please tell me - how is a wall going to deter this

I’m suppose to take seriously the idea that the wall will cause a mass increase in smugglers using ultralights…

That’s just silly… and scraping the barrel…

Stopped the Caravan… We all saw them rush it…

correct. Trump needs a symbol of his strength.

That is but one method they could use. Here are a few others:

1. Tunnels
  2. Coming over on a visa and overstaying said visa
  3. Using the Pacific Ocean and Gulf of Mexico to skirt the wall.
  4. Bribing agents at legitimate crossing points

I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

1 Like

What percent of illegals from Mexico use these methods?

Good to know that what’s there is already working. No need to waste billions on anything else.

2 Likes

This is spot on.

Besides, we can detect and track anything like that coming over the wall. The linked story exists because we tracked that ultralight in the first place.

And we’ve caught smuggling submarines. And we keep finding tunnels.

An exceptional counter-example to the effectiveness of the wall doesn’t change whatever effectiveness it DOES have. (Namely the flood of current foot traffic where there isn’t a wall.)

I just think we can make that foot traffic useless to MOST of the foot immigrants by making their existence here impossible – at a far less expensive cost than building a physical wall.

The wall is nothing but huckster’s scam on his idiot base. Just because it’s been repeatedly brought up for 2 years does not change that core fact.

1 Like

What would we have done had the “caravan” arrived at a location where no wall exists now?

(Personally, I think the caravan organizers were foolish to go where there was already a wall.)

Why do you think that when their goal was to walk up to border guards and claim asylum?

Simply out of curiosity, on what are you basing the idea that 1. The Trojan War happens, and 2. That it took ten years to breach the wall. You’re not referencing a bronze age myth as a reason for us to build a wall are you? And before you go all wiki on me, I’m aware that a town many(including me) think is the basis for Troy, was destroyed around the time that supposedly the Trojan War took place, there’s nothing backing anything else up about the myth. Cause if you’re gonna go with the ten year seige thing as evidence, I’m gonna assume you believe the Greek gods took part in it also.

2 Likes

The idea that a barrier has to be effective in all circumstances whatsoever or else it isn’t worth doing is one of the self serving absurdities embraced by the Open Borders people.

Illegals charging the wall:

The wall doesn’t have to and won’t stop that. It will help to stop the tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands per year that cross the border illegally.

You’re welcome.

Why does Nancy have such a big wall around her house?

1 Like

Yes, they think that’s reasoning…LMAO!

If a caravan of people approached the country doing Monty Python comedy skits they would be either smart enough to try to enter lawfully or have enough of a sense of humor about themselves that they would be okay with trying to enter lawfully.

Of course the Left would oppose them as being too Eurocentric…

And the Ottomans broke into Constantinople in just 53 days.