Someone needs a history lesson

What was the first names of the protagonists of the famous 1858 Lincoln-Douglas debate?

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?221+ful+HB781

No fair cheating.

Allan

No problem, but I did LD Debate in high school.

That is pretty funny.

At least they’re just writing laws and not history books.

1 Like

I kissed a girl in high school, just sayin.

The Supreme Court the final arbiter of the law, the Court is charged with ensuring the American people the promise of equal justice under law and, thereby, also functions as guardian and interpreter of the Constitution… No court packing allowed.

What’s your point?

1 Like

Don’t worry, @Call_me_Ishmael there appears to be no point… but maybe we can salvage the debate.

I heard the One Horse Dog Face Pony Soldier helped Douglas prep for the debate.

Let’s Go Brandon

I would not be shocked to hear Biden claim that.

1 Like

I’ll remember that when the topic is about the Supreme Court.

Why don’t you do that.

What the hell does this mean?

At least they’re just writing laws and not history books.

"

We’re only 10 posts in and you’re already lost?

Did you read the OP? Nothing about the SCOTUS there.

Uh this is a bill deciding on how history is gonna be taught in Virginia.

Yeah, and they’re the ones that don’t know Stephen Douglas from Frederick Douglas.

Right so that’s pretty grim.

I read your post about writing laws and reminded you what the Supreme court does. Finding if they are constitutional is the Supreme Court job. Checks and balances to protect the citizens from bull â– â– â– â– â– 

I follow the conversation well. And, do like to throw out the bull â– â– â– â–  flag when I see it.

You people are comical.

Whatever. That’s a lot of drama for bill that simply misidentifies Frederick Douglas for Stephen Douglas and not really relevant.

That Swing and a miss. Care to read the proposed bill in the OP?

Righties need a history lesson.

Bad.

Allan

That’s pretty funny. Make sure you never forget that a GOP freshman made a mistake.