Some Truths About The 2nd Amendment and Guns

Rights don’t come from laws. :wink:

Yes… God said

“Protect thy self with assault rifles”

Justify your rights as a human being however you’d like, but they don’t come from laws.

2 Likes

Could you list where that’s codified in the actual constitution?

I don’t remember the part where it says “shall not be infringed except…(insert instances here)”

2 Likes

Supreme Court says otherwise. Sorry.

My eyes reading the words written in plain English tell me I don’t care what anyone’s opinion is. There’s no debate on the topic.

And the left has been avoiding any gun rights cases going to the SC for a long time now, and will avoid it even more so now that the balance has shifted farther away from them.

1 Like

Your 2020 eyes are reading 1700s text.

Luckily we have modern views on such topics through the SC.

You really need to get your history straight.
God made man
Sam Colt made man equal
John Browning keeps man free.

Simple :smiley:

6 Likes

Sorry but Laws LIMIT Rights

1 Like

I refer you to @WuWei 's previous post in this thread. Namely learn what an “assault rifle” really is.

Sure, not sure why that matters.

Your rights are not unlimited

Grazing fire.

Name one right that is NOT limited by a law.

That’s a hard one since we have no right to infringe on the rights of others.

Your rights, in the USA, are not unlimited. Meaning they have limits.

I am only going to respond to this single assertion and nothing else.

Your statement is correct.

The following statement is also correct:

Saying “and I’m a gun owner” while saying “I support the Second Amendment” is also meaningless. Nobody cares what you have stashed in the back of your closet. It doesn’t lend you legitimacy.

Possession of weapons does not grant legitimacy to pro-Second Amendment views any more than it does for contrary views.

By laws, the only thing limiting them. Remove said laws and there would then be no limit on said rights.

2 Likes

Except where our rights end which is the point at which they start infringing on the rights of others.

Who are you talking to? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Nobody who doesn’t already know your pearls of wisdom will be participating in this thread. Well, except for PnG that is …

Never shot a Garand? :thinking: