Some interesting developments in the fight against the doctrine of qualified immunity

I’ll bet the nozzle did on the way through. A lot.

Reminds me of a guy who’s ex filled his truck with concrete.

Jesus the hell did he do to deserve that?

Beat her and screwed around on her. He was lucky she didn’t do it when he was passed out in the truck.

When dealing with crazy people, deserve has nothing to do with their actions.

She wasn’t crazy, it was the smartest and funniest thing she’d done in years.

Never mind, he deserved it.

He was a grade A piece of human waste. A few years later his next victim shot him 7 times with a Remington 870 when he took a break from beating her and went after her son.

Damn wasn’t much left to bury in that situation.

Sounds like he got what he deserved.

He did and she was no billed in about 5 minutes even though she had to reload it twice. :smile:

Thought you might be interested in this. It is a start. Colorado senate bill 217 just got rid of qualified immunity, made it mandatory for officers to intervene when anouther officer is using inappropriate force. Also among other thing requires law enforcement to release all body camera tape withen 45 days unedited except for personal information.

1 Like

Good start.

1 Like

How about lawmakers from flawed legislation. :wink:

2 Likes

Sure, if anyone still wants the job anyway. I know I’d never take it under those circumstances.

Policing involves getting in confrontational and emotional situations (at times), which gets one’s adrenaline up, and no matter how much training a person has there’s always a chance for human error as long as we use humans in law enforcement. There will never be perfection, nonetheless politicians can always promise that. It will be interesting to see what happens with law enforcement over the next few years. I personally know (through myself and family) a number of people who are cops and they are all counting their days till they retire. There’s already has been a mass exodus of police and that will only accelerate over the next few years. It will be interesting to see who will replace them.

The only people who aren’t stupid who would do that job under those conditions will be people with nothing to lose.

Or causing them (often).

What percentage of interactions that go awry are largely or exclusively the fault of the police?

I would say 70%

[quote=“SneakySFDude, post:38, topic:4290, full:true”]

Do you have any statistical evidence to prove that?

What evidence could there possibly be?