Some Crit Explain This Please

The New York City Board of Health has declared racism a public health crisis and issued guidelines to achieve a more “racially just” recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic.

COVID must be over. Time to put the hamster back on the Racism Wheel.

4 Likes

Are health inequalities along racial lines inevitable?

That seems to be the question driving this. I don’t know nearly enough about the data to give an opinion on that.

Does anybody else?

Well, not a crit myself but, simple answer, it’s a way to excuse favoring minorities over whites when it comes to government distribution of resources.

3 Likes

The NYPD are being replaced by civilian officers because racism and all crime is way down in NYC so that actual police aren’t necessary. Deblasio has it all under control, everything is peaches and cream and here’s proof; :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

What part of the nypd traffic police which was merged into the he nypd in the 90s is being replaced

The part in the video. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

They have been part of the nypd since the 90s because morons used to beat them up for sport.

This was done on part by Rudy…

Now I know what black people are getting that I am not and what I should be upset about.

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand something in that video.

Are the officers in the video actual cops? Or civilian agents? The news reporter used the term “agents”, so I’m suspecting the latter. But either way, it was rather wussy for them to strike the car as the driver fled. Not a very good look, in my opinion. It makes it even easier for people to disrespect cops.

I’ve seen you troll this sentiment in several threads.

But in this case you should have said, " … what black people are NOT getting …"

The New York City Board of Health has determined it to be a shortcoming, not an excess.

Hope that helps.

You think this is a new thing?

Because of a video?

You slurped the smoothie, again?

I accept the NYC Board of Health’s sentiment and reasoning.

There will be people here who will not. We see it forming already.

That is what I am talking about

It’s my understanding that these are civilian replacements for actual officers. The flip side is, their inability to perform makes the number of arrests go down, making crime look better on paper, while in reality…it’s wild in the streets.

They are the traffic division of the NYPD. They are not civilian replacements.

Where did you get that understanding? From the smoothie?

Then observing their level of professionalism, what ever they are labeled…it isn’t working.

No one likes the Traffic cops and it isn’t like they are the cream of the crop.

Sorry to all traffic cops out there.

Today’s prog/lib sees EVERYTHING in the purview of race. In their ideology racism in some form or another is the root cause of every ill.

2 Likes

…and in the actuality of the time “we” are in, racism is a mirage that only libs can see. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

Today’s conservative sees everything “in the purview of “ libs/progs. It’s the source of all evils.

Thats’s an equally unhealthy fixation, in my opinion.

Just look at the threads here. It’s incessant.

1 Like