Solo: A Star Wars story

Great overall movie. Kinda checklist in that if you heard Han reference something in his past its in this film. But nonetheless good. Alden Einerich, or however you spell it, is as good as you can hope in the role. Its hard to picture him as a young Harrison Ford but leaving that aside he perfectly portrays the cockiness and smarm of Han Solo. And Emylia Clarke is hotness defined . . . . my future fantasy wife.

Best of all . . . .Han shoots first.

3 Likes

I have enjoyed the trailers I have seen. I have always been able to enjoy and accept linked movies as if they are all one up films, even if they are parts of a series.

But did you get to see him do the Kessel run in 12 parsecs?

Less than 12 parsecs!!!

:naughty:

Yes. Like I said, if it was referenced in any fashion in a prior film its in here.

One warning. There is a twist at the end that made no sense at all to me and likely won’t make sense to the majority. I had to google it to make sense of it. The Star Wars cartoon series are considered canon: Clone Wars and Rebels. Events happen in those which allow the twist. If like me you haven’t watched any of it you’ll be scratching your head. If you’ve seen them you’ll probably be cheering. Not sure if we can do spoiler text on this new forum so I’ll leave it at that except to say its near the end and you’ll know it when you see it.

Yeah, I was scratching my head at that ending. I got home and did some googling and was able to somewhat piece that part together.

But, as for the rest of the plot, everything was pretty much what you would expect out of the Han Solo character.

seen it twice already. great movie.

Ah! Since my kids made me sit through those cartoons, I’ll understand the twist when I see it then!

I liked it. The first 20 minutes were pretty terrible, but one Woody Harrelsons character show up the movie takes off and doesn’t stop.

Loved the boss reveal at the end.

I saw Solo today, and it was an entertaining and solid film.

The film was flawed, but it was still a wonderful film. I liked Donald Glover’s performance as Lando Cardassian as well as Alden Einerich as a young Han Solo. I also enjoyed the performances by Woody Harrelson and Emylia Clarke. I agree with you that Clarke was hot!

Ron Howard did a solid job directing this film.

I give it a grade of an B+.

Definitely recommend everyone to see it to kick off the summer movie season.

ENJOY!

.>

Ya’all know that a parsec is a distance measurement, not of speed or time.

Right?

.>>>>

yes, and the Millennium Falcon made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs by using a hyperspace line that skirts the edge of a black hole and shortens the distance off the run.

ahem… yeah… i’m that kind of nerd.

1 Like

Actually, the Falcon made the Kessel Run [quote=“enki, post:13, topic:1151, full:true”]

yes, and the Millennium Falcon made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs by using a hyperspace line that skirts the edge of a black hole and shortens the distance off the run.

ahem… yeah… i’m that kind of nerd.
[/quote]

Actually the Falcon made the Kessel Run in over 12 parsecs, Han rounded down.

1 Like

OK. i have no idea how that happened.

Actually he made it slightly over 12 parsecs and you only get to 12 if you round down. This was a joke in Solo when Chewie corrected him that it wasn’t actually 12 parsecs.

Without using Google, how many people actually know what the distance is of a parsec?

.>>>>

i do…
i also know how its derived. (the distance from earth in which 1 au makes an angle of 1 arcsecond,or 1au/tan(1 second)

Anyone surprised that Solo isn’t doing well at the box office?

Franchise fatigue?

Perhaps people were expecting to see “more of” Emilia Clarke. :wink: