Social Media strikes back at alt-right

Maybe we’re so busy trying to “destroy the country” that we missed the point and all the nuances of that poster’s thoughtful response. This kind of willful, deliberate destruction that we’re engaged in takes focus and effort, after all.

1 Like

Which makes sense, as we don’t live in that world.

Nah, Trump is a racist. I dont need the media to tell me that, I just listen to what he says.

And are obviously not attempting to create it, despite protests to the contrary.

What world is it you seek to build?

No, he’s an idiot.

Most racists are also idiots.

1 Like

On a one to ten, I’d go with a four. Not really but I’ve heard the claim about racism and have looked for it and not found it. I hear many on the left attacking him and when I ask for their evidence, they can not produce any.

Yes…I have missed it and have intentionally listened for it due to the accusations I’ve heard regarding him.

If you go all the way back, “cracker” doesn’t have the best history either - as Shakespeare wrote:

What craker is this same that deafs our ears with this abundance of superfluous breath?

It was a racist insult for Scots-Irish people.

But as it’s been used here, in our culture a few hundred years later, it’s been nothing more than a punchline for Richard Pryor and Shaft. It’s always been punching upwards, which just isn’t offensive at all.

“Punching upwards”?

It is offensive to poor, white, uneducated, ignorant Southerners.

Not true at all.

Google it. There is a video montage of it out there.

That’s just like your opinion.

1 Like

Google is supposedly some radical left wing computer program that spreads it’s liberalism to anyone using it - or something.

I wasn’t quite clear on that.

Not my opinion, fact.

No…

Not all idiots are racist, but all racists are idiots…

I know you like arguing for the sake of arguing but taking up this flag(racist NOT being idiots) seems a bit low for you…

1 Like

Why are you subscribing morality to it. Most racists are not idiots. They are conniving.

How do you determine that you know 40% of something? Maybe the racism is in the other 60%.

IMO…you should get clear on that because it’s a problem.

It may very well be and if it is, I’ll reexamine my opinion but so far…I’ve not seen any evidence of it.