So why haven't the arbiters of racism denounced Darwin?

Just as predicted, It did! The idea I would do you a GREAT favor ripped the very fabric of your reality.

Oh, sounds more like acid than mushrooms. Be careful.

Critical thinkers overcome confirmation bias, they force themselves from other perspectives.

In this case, knowing about “confirmation bias” and how it affects all of us, will literally save you from heartache, bankruptcy, sickness etc. Its a bit of wisdom I will thank Scott Adams for the rest of my life.

If only I knew before, what I know now. My life would be different.

Of course, my being nice to you will cause you to hallucinate once again.

But perhaps others will read this, and learn. Its like a pearl of great price, but not as priceless, of course, as knowing Jesus Christ as LORD and Savior.

Confirmation bias eh? By definition, no apparent, perceived or claimed evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the scriptural record. Of primary importance is the fact that evidence is always subject to interpretation by fallible people who do not possess all information.

By definition, no apparent, perceived or claimed evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the scriptural record. Of primary importance is the fact that evidence is always subject to interpretation by fallible people who do not possess all information.

Yeeep critical thinking!

That’s not confirmation bias. To illustrate: Three different people opine on television repair, a priest, a tv repairman, a drunk. Its not confirmation bias one consider the opinion of the tv repairman to be better than that of the priest or the drunk, when discussing tv repair.

This is confirmation bias. Look carefully around you, memorize everything that is colored “blue”. Now, close your eyes and recall everything you saw colored “red”.

If you did this right, you won’t be able to recall anything “red” or any other color. You were looking for “blue”, therefore you only saw “blue” and all other colors dimmed (as it were) so you didn’t notice them.

That is “confirmation bias”. You only see what you look for. So if you believe Trump is stupid, you will focus only on his “simple six grader speech” and everything else that seems “stupid” to you, and you won’t see he built an huge financial empire, ran a successful tv show for years, overcame expert politicians (both Republican and Democrat), fixed the US economy by removing regulations and lowering taxes, subdued ISIS, ect ect. Anything not “colored stupid” you can’t see. It doesn’t register.

At this juncture, your cognitive dissonance will kick in, you will hallucinate a rational reason why everything I said is wrong. Perhaps you will reply thusly:

LOL! OMG! What an idiot, you think stupid has color! Just wait till I tell everyone you say “red” doesn’t exist…

Critical Thinking Skills For Dummies

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=critical+thinking+for+dummies

Quite true. There’s nothing quite like poker to demonstrate the effects of short-term randomness. I’ve read analysis that claims it takes 100k+ hands to reach something closely approximating skill-based results (the “long run”), and that seems reasonable to me.Of course, unless someone plays full time, by the time they’ve reached that milestone, the game has evolved as likely has their play, so the long run might in fact never be reached.

Mankind did not evolve from apes.

Apes are our cousins.

That God didn’t create man as what he imagined we should look like but instead in his likeness… that God has a human form.

According to one of thousands of versions of the bible.

According to most of them it seems:

I randomly chose several translations and they all pretty much say the same think.

Nope. Trump would not have been able to win if the Democrats had not nominated a candidate that, as hard as it is to imagine, was significantly worse than he was.

Creationism is 100% assumption. 100%.

I’m very impressed with your cognitive dissonance deflection though.

What are you implying? They were from West Virginia?

Actually, the Bible says “let us make man in our image, in our likeness,” not “in my image.”

Sounds like Aliens to me. :wink:

Trump wouldn’t have won if people hadn’t voted for him, sorry its the voters.

On of the passages in the OT passages that indicate the authors weren’t monotheists.

Are you a Raelien?

No reference to aliens, the verbs are singular, One God is speaking, but in that One Ocean of Essence are Three Persons, Father Son and Holy Spirit. So the plural “us” “our” is God in Trinity being revealed.

Moreover, God has no form because He is infinite, and does not have the physical appearance or likeness of male or female or anything in creation:

12 And Jehovah spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of words, but ye saw no form; only ye heard a voice.

15 Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of form on the day that Jehovah spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire.
16 Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image in the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female, (Deut. 4:12-16 ASV)

Raeliens (“scientific atheism”) under the guidance of Satan have reinterpreted Genesis and many texts, to teach ET scientists designed life on earth.

And you progressives will believe that “hook line and sinker”

The Bible predicts a “strong delusion” will successfully destroy most religion on earth, and that is how it will be done. ETs will arrive in UFO ships and claim to be our Designers and New Age Ecstasy will overwhelm the planet.

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. (Rev. 16:13-14 NKJ)

UFOS are symbolized by the flying frogs (“rocket frog”?) coming out of the mouth of the “Dragon ET commander”, hybrid Human/Satan Beast, and False prophet.

Except for those written in the Lamb’s book of life.

No, common sense. If we came from another planet, landing in NYC with no people in it, and I said to you “Isn’t it marvelous how these buildings, streets, cars evolved from just a few grains of sand.”

Likely you would say “that’s delusional, see how they are all breaking down into ruin, not evolving into something better. Its elementary my dear Watson (my name), a building requires someone built it.”

Not assumption, common sense. Its Evolutionists who assume somewhere, sometime in the past, when and where we really don’t know, the second law of entropy wasn’t in effect and things evolved from a simple to a complex state.

Then we assume everything returned to normal physics, like today where nothing evolves, everything breaks down from the complex to the simple.