So why do we need a wall?

This should go over well. Lol

Just one more reason among a myriad of reasons as to why this wall is a completely stupid idea. Now, they are going to piss off a lot of Texans, trying to steal their land, some of which has been passed down for generations. The ensuing court cases alone will tie up the construction of this idiotic wall for years and years.

The federal government has started surveying land along the border in Texas and announced plans to start construction next month. Rather than surrender their land, some property owners are digging in, vowing to reject buyout offers and preparing to fight the administration in court.

“You could give me a trillion dollars and I wouldn’t take it,” said Cavazos, whose land sits along the Rio Grande, the river separating the U.S. and Mexico in Texas. “It’s not about money.”

And of course the Trump Administration also sued a Church. Because they are just horrible bastards.

The government sued the local Roman Catholic diocese late last year to gain access for its surveyors at the site of La Lomita chapel, which opened in 1865 and was an important site for missionaries who traveled the Rio Grande Valley by horseback.

It remains an epicenter of the Rio Grande Valley’s Catholic community, hosting weddings and funerals, as well as an annual Palm Sunday procession that draws 2,000 people.

The chapel is a short distance from the Rio Grande. It falls directly into the area where CBP wants to build its “enforcement zone.”

WALLS ARE INPENATRABLE!

UNLESS YOU HAVE A SAW!

1 Like

Oh darn you beat me to it.

1 Like

:v: stands for “Einstein Visa” baby!

A wall would prevent this sort of thing from happening.

Any ideas on how we can prevent the hairpiece thing from happening? That should be crime all by itself…

1 Like

We are never offended by anything. This is the forum of equal opportunity. Peace, Bos’un :earth_americas:

Acosta went down to where a wall exists and showed how effective it is. He showed just how calm and peaceful it is where there is a wall. He did a great commercial for Trump lol lol
He made a good case for the wall. Thanks Jimmy

Maxine is trying to get her hands on it for her hair collection.

How much will the barrier save us is the better question when you’re as frugal as I am.

1 Like

OK, I’ll bite. How much will the wall save us? I contend that the current system of barriers is sufficient. I’m for improved surveillance, better scanning at checkpoints, addressing visa overstays etc., but I dont see a demonstrable benefit to a wall. Show me data-based non-partisan research that demonstrates a net economic benefit to spending even $5.7B on new barriers. Since you’re the one advocating the expenditure, it’s on you to make the case for it - that’s how real businesses do it.

While you pull that together, I’ll just stand over here and calculate the value of pi to 3 million significant digits.

Absolutely nothing as it won’t stop people from being here illegally. Spend billions and billions for a return of $0. Not a good ROI.

It’s a question that you can’t answer with anything other than made-up numbers.

1 Like

I have a wall around my compound and also have some sensors. I lock my gate at night and my Malinois have the run of my property. The safety of my family and guests are important to me. I don’t dislike those on the outside, l care about those on the inside.

Because nothing else has worked is right!

Because we need to be able to protect the American citizens(which the Democratic
Politicians don’t seem to care about doing)!

Like gun control would lessen gun deaths?

I soooooo hope Trump sets precedent in declaring a national emergency

Is this an admission that walls work? It sure looks like it to me. The wall pushed many of those trying to cross illegally to where there is not wall.

If we need to protect American Citizens it would seem to me we need protecting from Americans. Remember Vegas? Perhaps we should enact some sensible gun laws.

No, they always find ways to circumvent walls. You conviently skipped over the post where I described how they’ve gone up the coast, around the wall. And as they build walls in ever more remote regions, they’ll come up with ever more creative ways to circumvent the walls, they always do.