So why do we need a wall?

Hey whatever rocks your boat. :+1:

As am I to mine.

Absolutely…you are 100% entitled to be wrong! Glad we can agree on something! :smiley:

1 Like

The truth rock my boat. Objective reality rocks my boat. Information and facts rock my boat. I have a semi-love affair with logic, truth, and reality. And I really wish more people joined me in this love-fest.

Par for the course and standard operating procedure for DEMs. They alone have all the answers and are right about everything. Smartest people in the room they are. A veritable legend in their own mind.

:rofl:

Par for the course and standard operating procedure for Peekie…wrong again. :rofl:

Yeah…I know.:roll_eyes:

Looking at these arguments, it’s very obvious that a wall is NOT required. That being said, if Mexico directly pays for it, I’d have no problem with one being built. Using taxpayer dollars for this stunt, however, is out of the question.

This is where I stand…

Do you think we hold people endlessly while their cases are being adjudicated?

More RW talking points.

Then why press so hard on this issue, when we all know it does nothing to address the REAL issue of illegal immigration? Are you just a fan of wasting money or something? Not a fiscal conservative?

Because it’s really about Trump being able to have his “Mission Accomplished” photo op.
.>>>>

2 Likes

It does seem to be what this is all about. Several prominent anti-illegal immigrant conservatives are up in arms over this as well. They know the wall is not going to address the real issue. And they worry that Mr. Trump and the GOP are expending all of their political capital on a stupid bumper sticker slogan campaign promise.

IMO…it will make a huge difference in stopping illegal crossings. Then I’d up the penalty for over staying a VISA. I’d then establish hiring requirements where employers must run potential employees through a citizen verifying system and prosecute those employers severely if they attempt to go around it. Any politician that is for these reforms…I am for. Any who aren’t, I am against.

How much barrier will $5.7B buy us anyway? If you think this waste of money would even make a dent in illegal border crossings than I am not sure how we can discuss this issue further. It is simply not realistic and we need to be able to agree on reality to discuss anything.

On the other points, I’m in full agreement. But a wall is a waste of money. Let’s spend our money more efficiently and actually address the heart of this issue.

Then we do not totally agree. The border patrol says it’s effective and there are many, many areas around the globe that prove this to be true. There is very little doubt in my mind that it will work and stop many, many, many illegal crossings and I am one of the most frugal people on this planet.

It’s easy to be frugal with our own money. When spending other people’s money, less so.

How much barrier will $5.7B buy us? Let’s start there.

It’s more about getting a victory for a politician and getting the (eventual) $Trillion (over time) fence started.

1 Like

That is really what this is all about. That, and making the scared base feel less scared about this singular issue. They will still be blasted with propaganda that works to make them afraid about other issues though. Keeping this base afraid and fearful is what the GOP and Mr. Trump have resorted to in order to maintain power. It is sad.

And the wall will not only cost an obscene amount of money. But it WILL NOT WORK to actually address the damn issue.

President Donald Trump has repeatedly advocated for a steel slat design for his border wall, which he described as “absolutely critical to border security” in his Oval Office address to the nation Tuesday. But Department of Homeland Security testing of a steel slatprototype proved it could be cut through with a saw, according to a report by DHS.

A photo exclusively obtained by NBC News shows the results of the test after experts from the Marine Corps were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools.