So we are killing fun on here?

You guys have no idea.

6 Likes

About?

Any post flagged by a regular member remains on the board until a mod looks at it.

Mods can flag a post with action needed and a notice is sent to the user they need to edit the post. When that happens, the post is hidden until the user edits the post. Mod then go back to it and see if the violation was edited out.

NOTE: This takes a lot of extra time on our part and is only done when we have time.

Who did I broadbrush? I said welcome to the new democratic party. And it’s true because I havn’t seen any DNC official chastize either law in New York or VA.

I’ve got several more up my sleave that will be coming out. You’ll even really like one, because it’s a Republican Mayor that I’m going to throw under the bus and grind up (even though what he did was truely liberal in nature).

Trolling (adding nothing to the discussion) and making fun of a posters name.

So your opinion is that killing babies after they are born is representative of the Democratic Party.

If I recall, I made a post about there not being any support for the wall except for Trump and white nationalists. My post was not only deleted, but I got a time out for it. About a month ago I made a thread about Maine’s former governor and his history of racially charged remarks in regards to drug trafficking. That was also deleted for broad brushing because I was accused of calling all Republicans racist. I then ended up with a two week contempt of moderator ban because I questioned both the decision and the confusing state of moderation on the forum.

Do you understand why it might cause some confusion when saying the Democratic Party is okay with murdering children is fine, but criticizing Republicans is not?

4 Likes

The people who porposed/passed support the bills were democrat. I have not said anyplace in the post that ALL democrats support the bills. Do you see how I did that without broadbushing? Now if I had said something along the lines of all dems support baby killing - that would be broadbrushing.

Excast has a point…the rules have always been no broad brush…hence why you always see people saying some or most…which works around the broad brush…

And i see snows point but that’s not what you said…you said the democratic party…not some or most within the party…

Fairness…

1 Like

And I never said all Republicans were racist or white nationalists. Yet one of us is a moderator and the other has spent 17 days out of the last month unable to post on the forum.

I realize that in many cases it’s kind of up to interpretation, but maybe it would make more sense for the moderators to start erring a little more on the side of letting things slide? Again, I began posting around here almost a decade ago. I’ve been moderated several times more in the last few months than I was in all of the previous years on the other forum. Do you believe I became toxic in some way? Did all of these posters who are suddenly confused by disappearing posts change for the worse? Or might it be the case that the moderator team might be somewhat overzealous and sometimes inconsistent?

3 Likes

One is going after the party leaders…other is going after supporters. Supporters that members of this forum.

1 Like

That’s a big brush in itself

1 Like

Welcome to the new democratic party people is totally not a broad brush guys! I’d rather posts were moderated for blatant dishonesty to provoke people than making fun of someone if i had to choose.

I love it when a good prophecy comes true. lol :sunglasses:

3 Likes

“Paul LePage has made quite the name for himself during his two terms as Maine’s Governor. Kind of a precursor to the ugliness and proud ignorance that has come to define the Republican party in the era of Trump, he was peddling in casual racism and lies before they became the norm for the party.

One of his most common themes was the fight against drug trafficking, which he repeatedly tried to frame in racial terms by claiming most of the people engaging in the crime were black or Hispanic. A lie of course, but the type of lie you can get away with if you are a Republican because you base of terrified, gullible whites wishes it were true.“

Paints all republicans, the party and it’s supporters, as racists.

The second thread you threw out was in the same vein, but within TOS, meaning you know how to do it but choose not to. It would have stayed if not for the opening sentence which was made to show your disapproval of the prior deletion. (PSA - Hopefully this factual account from a journalist is not seen as broadbrushing and allowed to stay.) As evidenced, another thread was made on the same topic the same day without deletion. You doubled down with another post in that thread showing your disapproval of the prior threads deletion. The peanut gallery was there too.

Have you become toxic? In my personal opinion, I think the whole of politics has become toxic. People can’t support the president without being thought of by those on your side of the aisle as racists. If you guys come right out the gate with the premise that the opposition is racist, what venom do you expect will be spewed by that opposition?

Funny story about golf - I was really good in high school but used to get incredibly wound up and stressed for competitive matches. I was an excellent student, played music, and worked as well, so when I wasn’t playing golf, my time certainly wasn’t being wasted, but I always felt like I should have been practicing golf. I also noticed no one really wanted to walk nine with me.

This was different than competing in baseball, which gave me a healthy, nervous energy and never seemed too onerous.

So one day, I realized the golfing - which should have been a fun hobby - wasn’t giving me any joy, and I stepped away, put down the clubs, and didn’t play for five years.

Anyways, I picked it back up again after college, played by myself (or the old guys who don’t like waiting) most Saturday mornings at dawn and loved it. Got my handicap back down to a respectable 7 before the kids came along, and now play very sparingly (ie, Father’s Day), and love every minute.

Actually…he said “democratic party”…so no, he was going after the party.

3 Likes

What’s the difference then between “became the norm of the party” and " the democratic party"?

Both are broad brushes…both do the exact same thing…

I should bow out because this is gonna piss me off…and im gonna say something…so I’m modding myself here…

“Base of terrified gullible whites” completed the portrait.

I’m glad you’re self modding.

As a white man I’m not offended…

They were both broad brushes…look the simple.fix is both add the word some…and we never have this conversation…

But hey I will say props to both of you for engaging and not just snow locking the thread…

2 Likes

So if I said Trump supporters like x y or z it’s okay as long as I don’t say ALL Trump supporters like x y or z?