So this happened on Easter

My truck but I wasnt the one driving my sister was using it a deer ran out in front of her and she panicked and rolled it 4 times

Oh my gosh man. That’s horrible. Is she okay? I’m sorry about the truck.

1 Like

Wow! I hope she’s okay. That truck held up pretty well. My son flipped his car into a canal two years ago. Scared the ■■■■ out of, well everyone. It must of been terrifying to roll four times.

2 Likes

She got pretty lucky…only a few bumps and bruises nothing major…she didnt even goto the hospital

2 Likes

So sorry, glad your sister is ok.

2 Likes

Glad she’s ok. How were the roads over there? I was making my way on 14 from Sleepy Eye to New Ulm on a sales call back in the day and hit a patch of ice and rolled my car a few times. Scariest moment of my life up to that point :flushed:.

1 Like

4 rolls?! Holy cow. I hope she and you are okay. I’m sorry this happened.

ETA: Glad she’s okay.

1 Like

They were clear but I think she hit some black ice
This was on 8 in lyon county between Minneota and ghent…and that stretch on 14 is always sketchy in the winter

NEVER try to miss any animal smaller than a horse. Particularly when driving a full-sized pickup truck. I have seen people drive off the road to miss squirrels … It make me want to scream at them.

3 Likes

I asked why didnt you just smash the deer…a grille is easy to fix
The sheriff even said you should of just hit the ■■■■■■■ deer

2 Likes

I think it’s just human nature not to hit something deliberately. Even more so, the more tender heart of a woman.

I had a car that was worth more if it got totaled than it was worth in drive-able condition. I had chances when I actually caught myself saying I should just let that person hit me and have their insurance total my car, and even with that awareness couldn’t let it happen deliberately.

In the split-second of that moment I can fully understand her attempting to miss the deer.

It’s in the slow-motion of hindsight that it’s easy for the sheriff to say, “You shoulda …”

Your sister will be with you for years to come. This will become family lore. Rejoice!

1 Like

Thats what got me as well, although that’s a little further west than I traveled, as home base was in Mankato. I can still remember living off of whatever was at the local Casey’s while getting gas for a good 2 years, lol.

1 Like

I’m not mad at her at all…the truck is replaceable…I’ll still give her shot about it in a few months because that’s what little brothers do lol…just crappy timing with how things are going now adays

2 Likes

I was about to say the same. My wife swerved to miss a squirrel and it cost us about $750 as she hit a mailbox and damaged the van. I told her and the kids to hit the animal next time. Don’t endanger your life and property.

1 Like