So Soon? Thanks Donnie

Interesting. And you consider that an attribute?

Does being open minded make you a smarter, better person? If so, how?

In military parlance that would be known as a salient and is actually a bad thing.

Sure. That too.

:bow_and_arrow:

You had to google it. LOL

I never heard anyone in the military use the word “salient” once.

I had to Google what?

It was supposed to be.

The marker around KC was funny.

I had a good laugh there.

No, a Phalanx was a particular type of Heavy Infantry Unit using very tight formations bearing heavy shields and Axes Broad Swords, Pikes or very long spears.

Just leading the charge with the sobbing OP.

Not fooling me, sneaky!!

Smart people don’t close themselves off to new ideas or opportunities. Hammett writesthat intelligent people are “willing to accept and consider other views with value and broad-mindedness,” and that they are “open to alternative solutions.”

Psychologists say that open-minded people — those who seek out alternate viewpoints and weigh the evidence fairly — tend to score higher on the SAT and on intelligence tests

I like unintended glimpses of truth.

2 Likes

The Battle of St. Mihiel?

The Battle of Kursk?

The Battle of the Bulge?

Cool! So you “seek out alternate viewpoints and weigh the evidence fairly”?

Not once.

Absolutely

Even Trump critics know we are having too much fun to not give him another term.

1 Like

Ok then. I’ll be watching to get tips so I can be smarter and better myself.

Sneakers.

Your feeeeelings are not that important.

This is a two way street.

You’re not better.

2 Likes

https://history.army.mil/html/reference/bulge/index.html

Aided by stormy weather which grounded Allied planes and restricted observation, the Germans achieved surprise and made rapid gains at first, but firm resistance by various isolated units provided time for the U.S. First and Ninth Armies to shift against the northern flank of the penetration, for the British to send reserves to secure the line to the Meuse, and for Patton’s Third Army to hit the salient from the south.

And this is an official US Army website.

The Center Of Military History (CMH), which reports to the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Army, is responsible for the appropriate use of history throughout the United States Army.

1 Like

We both know that’s not true.