So only 266 thousand jobs for month of April

I’m hearing directly from many business owners saying the same thing.

It’s an excuse.

It’s certainly much prettier complex than that.

1 Like

Actually, it isn’t. Unless you have a perspective in your environment and in your industry that is particular to you.

Yes. I do loose money on training a person. They gain marketable skills at my expense and at the expense of pulling away people to train them that I am paying as well.

I’m not following you.

I remember min wage being just a little over $3 an hour. You could actually live off that. Had a nice two bedroom apt for $135 a mo.

Sigh. Those were the days. lol

1 Like

It’s not ‘at your expense’. It’s to your benefit. Especially at poverty wages like $12 per hour.

That may be but what is the revenue being generated? What’s the rent? What other costs are involved? What is the competition and what are they paying? There are many, many, many factors involved here and on piece of the puzzle, does not show the clear picture.

Of course it is to my expense. When the person is trained and can turn a profit it is to my benefit.

When it becomes to my benefit, I am one of those horrible employers that makes sure the money follows.

Even before the pandemic, when I was back in corporate quickserve, I ended up leaving (very good money and bennies, and a multi fast track) because my particular franchisee was $3 to $4 below ind. avg. and we were gwtting precisely who you’d expect at those numbers.

Those are all factors an individual business has to base factors upon.

Amazing to me that libs think it is generic across the board.

You have personnel and comp exactly backwards.

Yet, you are the one with hiring problems. Not me.

Might want to sit back and think on that for a bit.

2 Likes

Economists are saying the same thing. It’s not the UE money. It’s a combination of covid and people realizing they hate the service industry. My company has 18 new hires in 4 months.

1 Like

Bam…and that dictates part of the equation. What is your competition paying and what are they generating?

It’s slightly below regional.

There is nothing, nationally, that supports the stump-stupid nition that $12 per hour is a good wage for any adult. It’s insane that anyone is arguing that it us.

You literally highlit the answer to your question.

I feel you. We’re doing better than most places and I didn’t bus this many tables when I was a busboy and I run the ■■■■■■■ joint.

Not true. I hire adults at that wage because they have retired from their profession. Now they want to get out of the house and do something productive. They work because they want to work, not because they have to work. One size shoe does not fit every foot.

It isn’t all about pay. How people are treated, what input they have and do they feel independent and it is their choice and pleasure to come to work everyday has a hell of a lot to do with it.

1 Like