So nothing like this could ever happen to a white man? Oh really?

Proportionally, blacks are arrested more frequently and found guilty more often than other racial groups for the same offenses. What is the explanation? Same crimes, different outcomes. Your question can’t be answered in a vacuum.

1 Like

I agree it wouldn’t have sparked such outrage and these protests.

This country has never healed from it’s past when it comes to race. So it’s understandable why this is happening.

Hopefully this will change things. We need massive police reform in this country.

3 Likes

And we almost had it. Death of Floyd had brought both sides together to face reality of brutality of some cops. But now with rioting and looting destruction etc. We have forced the police to do just that to regain back control.

So instead of crafting laws to rein in the police powers…what happen? Now they’re forced to exercise more power to regain control. So exact opposite happens.

That’s the problem with violent demonstrators. They end up giving police more power.

And it’s not just Blacks…as OP point out it’s also whites that are abused.

4 Likes

Therefore?

Get rid of the damn unions.

1 Like

Good post. Rate your source, confidence high?

How are you judging commit more? By convictions?

Looting I agree with…

Warranted is in the eye of the beholder.

Adjust for demographics… shot!

In part…but that can be misleading.

Level of crimes in neighborhoods is better gauge IMO.

Mmmmm. I’ll have to think about that one.

Where did I ever say anything about it being OK? Based on what I have looked at the number of arrests to the number of deaths is about one to one for blacks and whites, which is the focus of what happened here. Regarding the statistics for various forms of crimes the numbers there vary by race. Although from what I have looked at regarding violent crimes the number there for blacks is over 50%.

All you can do is looked at the actual published statistics, anything else is conjecture.

“High profile” is the key. And the media decides what is high profile. A white victim isn’t high profile. The cop being the innocent victim isnt high profile.

This is Seattle.

Oddly enough when they said CV hits minorities the hardest. there is some truth to that as well.

Over lay these two maps.

King county CV stats.

https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/data/daily-summary.aspx

Now I think that’s large part of mass transit for spread of that virus.

1 Like

What you have to do is look at multiple sources and make assessments on if and why the numbers differ.

I’ve haven’t looked at every statistic, as there are numerous ones to consider. Also I’ve never said that NO bias occurs, nor do I doubt there is bias. Regarding that here’s my response from before:

*Joe Biden has had 50 years to fix this, along with all the Democrat mayor’s and Governors during that time as well. So whose to blame?

You have to look at the right statistics.

Not sure I follow? Are you implying the ones that fit a certain viewpoint? On this particular issue an objective way is to compare the number of arrests to the number of deaths, which I have done. The only other way would be to look at every single arrest that lead to deaths and the circumstances that led to that, much harder to do.

No. Just because more black men are convicted of violent crime does not prove they commit more violent crime. There are other possibilities. It could be, or it could be something else.

1 Like