So it begins - Trump Organization, CFO Weisselberg charged with fraud and tax crimes

Those other NY crimes can wait.

Maybe they need to see if he mowed someone’s lawn in exchange for washing his car but didn’t report it. Off to jail!

1 Like

You know if Trump was able to he would fire her.

You understand he’s accused of fraudulently avoiding nearly two million dollars in taxes, right?

That’s a lot of lawns.

2 Likes

The indictment says untaxed compensation amounting to $1.76 million and received $94,000 ish Federal refund he was not entitled to .

That isn’t just using the company car.

This indictment did not come from Letita James office. It was Cy Vance’s Manhattan D.A. office.

She never had any interest in prosecuting crime. That’s why she ran as a progressive Democrat.

1 Like

Reading the indictment, there are quite a few counts of falsifying business records.

I am sure Trump’s creditors are not happy about hearing that.

1 Like

It is the DA’s job to prosecute crime, not the Attorney General.

1 Like

I can remember when Democrats complained about selective prosecution of political opponents. But their concern only seems to be when it occurs in Russia:

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the conviction “raises serious questions about selective prosecution – and about the rule of law being overshadowed by political considerations.”

“This and similar cases have a negative impact on Russia’s reputation for fulfilling its international human rights obligations and improving its investment climate,” Clinton’s statement said.

Russia defends verdict against oil tycoon - CNN.com

3 Likes

If there is a conviction in this case I will guarantee you that the banks that have loaned the company money will review their relationship. And that would mean that they have the option of calling in their loans. And that might bankrupt the company. In addition NY State could pull their corporate liquor license. It’s tough to run a hotel and golf course chain not being able to serve booze.
I have said from the get-go that Trump is a con man and a cheater. I believe that Trump Corp. was run like a criminal enterprise. And I think that today is just the tip of the iceberg. .

1 Like

Exactly. How much comparable time have they spent going through the compensation records of other major corporations based in NY?

2 Likes

What are you going to say if it is proven that crimes were committed?

Trump Corp. is not a major corporation in NY.

How many of those companies had the CEO’s former lawyer testify under oath to Congress that there was a lot of crime going on?

So much deflection going on in this thread. You’d think this was the NHL finals.

3 Likes

Four years and this is all they have lol! If this was anyone but Trump it be pay the back taxes and call it day!

1 Like

Nobody said that this is all they have.

Of course it’s all they have, this smells like Mueller regime 2.0. Small stuff!

This is not just about back taxes. Read the indictment.

1 Like