So how the mask and vaccine mandates going?

Well. This thread is depressing.

1 Like

How so? I must be inured to it, for it doesn’t seem any different than normal.

Yeah. It’s normal I guess.

Amazing stuff…

Firing unvaxxed health care workers who don’t have covid, but forcing vaxxed covid-positive workers to go to work.

3 Likes

Let’s go Karens!

1 Like

Every graph posted shows how the numbers did nothing but climb under the Kid Sniffer Express. :rofl:

1 Like

You mean this AOC?

Guys until we stop pretending we can eliminate the virus…it’s not going away. Until we stop wasting our time and resources on healthy people and start focusing on mitigation for the elderly and those with pre existing conditions we are just spitting into the wind on this.

AOC us going to be fine…she’s 30 something in good shape.

Here’s a piece written three weeks ago by Dr Jay Bhattacharya… We can't stop the viral spread of COVID, but we can end the pandemic, writes Dr. Jay Bhattacharya | Daily Mail Online

‘My message is this: we can’t stop the spread of COVID, but we can end the pandemic…In October 2020, I wrote the Great Barrington Declaration (GBD) along with Prof. Sunetra Gupta of Oxford University and Prof. Martin Kulldorff of Harvard University…The centerpiece of the declaration is a call for increased focused protection of the vulnerable older population, who are more than a thousand times more likely to die from COVID infection than the young… We can protect the vulnerable without harming the rest of the population…As I stated above, we do not have any technology that can stop viral spread…While excellent vaccines protect the vaccinated versus hospitalization or death if infected, they provide only temporary and marginal protection versus infection and disease transmission after the second dose.”

It’s winter…there are probably all kinds of bad weather illnesses happening. “Covid cases are spiking OMG…!”

This story is from The NY Times, published Dec 30 updated January 7. “Covid Updates: South Africa Says Its Omicron Wave Has Passed With No Big Spike in Deaths”.

“ The South African government said Thursday that data from its health department suggested that the country had passed its Omicron peak without a major spike in deaths, offering cautious hope to other countries grappling with the variant…“The speed with which the Omicron-driven fourth wave rose, peaked and then declined has been staggering,” said Fareed Abdullah of the South African Medical Research Council. “Peak in four weeks and precipitous decline in another two. This Omicron wave is over in the city of Tshwane. It was a flash flood more than a wave.” The rise in deaths over the period was small, and in the last week, officials said, “marginal.” Coronavirus: Covid Updates: South Africa Says Its Omicron Wave Has Passed With No Big Spike in Deaths - The New York Times

I ve read stories that by the end of the month this omicron thing will have burned through the population…that the days where”OMG a million new cases we’re all going to get a cold!!!” There could actually be way more than a million (but don’t worry Biden ordered tests that will be here after the worst is over. That man is an incompetent boob.)

Why don’t we demand our leaders stop crippling our economy, education, travel (I flew this weekend that was a mess because Alaska Airlines didn’t have enough people to staff planes), and start treating this thing with a little common sense.

Protect the vulnerable just like we don’t go hug grandma if we are sick. Can the rest of us please just live our lives?

2 Likes

The national stupidity right now about the virus is embarrassing and breathtaking.

3 Likes

Yep…the one with her mouth always open.

There’s no way this will happen but…

What a glorious November night it would be if she lost her re-election bid! (Totally off the thread topic but it would be a great day if the voters fired her and those other idiots from the squad…what a message that would send).

Anyway yes AOC has the virus…you wanna bet she and all the other Florida party people she was hanging with will be fine?

Her constituents are who they are.

She has a lock on that seat for as long as she wants it.

So…and they don’t have mask mandate…so what does that tell you?

3 Likes

…darned governors.

2 Likes

Whatever folks do or don’t do the virus doesn’t care, it’s going to run it’s variant course whether one is vaccinated or not, wearing a mask or not, quarantined or not, that’s the science of air borne viruses like the common cold and seasonal flu.

The folks that bought into the big political lie that somehow covid19 could be stopped if we all just did what we were told understandably are devastated but there is no one to blame but those who lied!

The more people that get an asymptomatic case of the weaker variants the closer we get to herd immunity and the virus joins the multitude of common flu strains that humans live (and die) with all the time.

Don’t forget we have a global pandemic about 10 to 20 years and covid hit less then 10 years of the swine flu pandemic and if you want to see some eye popping stats of a global death toll look up the Hong Kong Flu pandemic of 1968.

3 Likes

Vaccines still working well to keep people out of the hospital and from dying

From December 15-28th, the rate ratio for ICU admission was 21.3, indicating the risk of ICU admission was 21.3 times higher among unvaccinated individuals than among fully vaccinated individuals. For the week of December 19-25th, the age-adjusted death rate in unvaccinated people was 4.5 per 100,000 and 0.02 per 100,000 in vaccinated individuals, yielding a rate ratio for deaths of 22.3 overall. Of note, the rate ratio for deaths has held steady over the course of the latest surge.

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommon/public/media/mediapubhpdetail.cfm?prid=3607

On a positive note… she probably qualifies to get some horse dewormer even in NYC.

1 Like

Did you get vaccinated?

Are they?

Serious question are they? Or is omicron a weaker strain that doesn’t kill people? I don’t know the answer…

This story says they do some good I guess… How effective are COVID-19 vaccines against omicron? | PBS NewsHour

Before you ask I ve had three shots, don’t know if I ve had the virus or not…I believe getting a Covid shot is a personal decision…mandates might not even be Constitutional. I don’t believe the vaccines are a true vaccine but rather are much more like your annual flu shot.

From the linked article…” 4. What about the omicron variant?

The preliminary data about omicron and vaccines is coming in quickly and is revealing lower vaccine effectiveness. Best estimates suggest vaccines are around 30%-40% effective at preventing infections and 70% effective at preventing severe disease.

A preprint study – one not formally reviewed by other scientists yet – that was conducted in Germany found that antibodies in blood collected from people fully vaccinated with Moderna and Pfizer showed reduced efficacy in neutralizing the omicron variant. Other small preprint studies in South Africa and England showed a significant decrease in how well antibodies target the omicron variant. More breakthough infections are expected, with decreased immune system ability to recognize omicron compared with other variants.

1. Do boosters boost immunity against omicron?

Initial data reinforces that a third dose would help boost immune response and protection against omicron, with estimates of 70%-75% effectiveness.

Pfizer has reported that people who have received two doses of its vaccine are susceptible to infection from omicron, but that a third shot improves antibody activity against the virus. This was based on lab experiments using the blood of people who have received the vaccine.

Booster doses can increase the amount of antibodies and the ability of a person’s immune system to protect against omicron. However, unlike the U.S., much of the world does not have access to booster doses…”

I just know it’s time to quit treating coronavirus like it’s going to be gone someday. It’s not.

3 Likes

we aren’t arguing about hospitalization rate…we are questioning libs about their lies of transmission.

Remember it is libs and Brandon that saying this virus is virus of unvaccinated. It is libs that demand masks wearing to reduce the spread when it is proven beyond any doubt that it doesn’t slow the spread.

Now how about wearing proper masks if you’re serious…which libs aren’t. They only care about compliance to their demands and nothing more. Ask AOC.

3 Likes

Pretty much nothing. The data presented doesn’t provide enough information to determine mask effectiveness.