Sirhan Sirhan Recommended for Parole

No but it would deprive him of the opportunity to kill again.

1 Like

Would a population whose majority is young even remember Robert Kennedy or Sirhan Sirhan?

https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/jordan/#:~:text=People%20and%20Society%201%20Population%202%20Nationality%203,growth%20rate%2010%20Birth%20rate%20More%20items...%20

Yes, with the help of their elders.

No, they are just names and pictures in a book. For me personally, Sirhan was in prison longer than I have been alive.

How many 80 year old recidivists are there?

By the time he completed removal proceedings as a non U S citizen whose been convicted of a felony, he may be returning for his burial.

Let him die in prison. ā– ā– ā– ā–  him.

All 9% of them?

https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/jordan/#:~:text=People%20and%20Society%201%20Population%202%20Nationality%203,growth%20rate%2010%20Birth%20rate%20More%20items...%20

I suppose itā€™s possible, but not as probable as it would be with less young & more elderly as a population.

Look at Cuban Americans. Many young are no longer voting Conservative as they didnā€™t flee Castroā€™s Cuba as did their elders. Even their eldersā€™ recounting life there isnā€™t necessarily keeping them conservatives:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-ne-cuban-american-poll-20190131-story.html

My sentiments exactly.

Anyone that was sentenced to life in prison should face just that. No exceptions.

1 Like

I realize people want him free and what I said wonā€™t matter. Itā€™s not like the cheering crowds will be on the news or anything. :man_shrugging:

Nelson Mandela was 71 when he was released. He accomplished quite a lot after that.

I would prefer that he remains in prison. If the Kennedy children do not object then they should have the deciding opinion.

Possibly. I am not so sure. A lot of people on the left thought of RFK as a rank opportunist, and preferred Gene McCarthy as the anti-war candidate. The 1968 DNC would have been a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  regardless. Plus, the Nixon campaign was pretty next-level; had RKF gotten the nomination, it would have been tough for him to win at that historical moment.

2 Likes

How many? No idea. One would be too many.

Yes a great many have taken innocent lives following release.

More grieving families.

Iā€™ll concede that I brought up a separate issue and mildly derailed this thread. Point taken.

FairšŸ‘

1 Like

Yabut it wouldnā€™t have been the blow-out olā€™ Hubie suffered. Even if he picked up Wallace electors, it was a thumping.

But all in all, I think you are right.

Illegals get free reign in CA. Zarate.

Iā€™m not sure how (or if) it factors in, but Bobby Kennedy was only 43 when he was killed.

There is no obvious reason that he may not live another 20 years.

1 Like

It may have factored into the sentencing; Sirhan was originally sentenced to death. But the heavy sentence was probably mostly due to Kennedyā€™s stature.