Since libs are all upset that Trump decided to pull our troops back

Complete fabrication. They fired on US forces, he claimed they never would.

Did they hit US forces?

Yes or no?

Did this incident happen before or after Trump changed the status quo?

You know the answers…we all do. You can say it

1 Like

They fired on US forces, whether they hit them or not is irrelevant.

They attacked US forces and fired on them, fortunately it was stopped before anyone was killed.

It is absolutely relevant and “fortune” has nothing to do with it.

It is relevant no one was hit.

It is relevant that this took place AFTER Trump had already changed the status quo by caving.

It is relevant to anyone who understood why caving to Turkey in the first place was a very bad idea and an action that was totally bereft of any sort of “leadership”.

It’s irrelevant, as the claim was that they’d never fire on US forces.

We now know for a fact that they have.

What would have been irresponsible is to leave them in place to be killed, wounded, and or captured when he had an opportunity to prevent it.

Before Trump caved… sure.

Another completely unsupportable fabrication.

We were told they were coming whether our forces pulled back or not.

Unless you want to hold that Trump should have sacrificed them to make a point he did the only thing he could in the time allotted.

Bringing in massive reinforcements to checkmate the Turks was not an option.

No we were not. And even if we were, why would we leave our ally because Turkey said so? Would we leave South Korean if North Korea said the same thing?

We have enough forces in S. Korea to prevent the north Koreans from Taking it.

We have no mutual defense treaty or agreement with the Kurds that requires us to put US forces between them and The Turks.

This is hilarious coming from the same people who supported a complete US withdrawal from the region right up until Trump began to do just that.

They hypocrisy on display is monumental.

When did libs stop supporting that? Why are cons defending the President leaving our allies? Why are cons ignoring the 1900 personal bodyguards aka troops added to SA?

1 Like

About five minutes after this story broke.

Why do you feel the need to deflect?

Interesting… a bipartisan rebuke of this admins asinine decision and now it’s just the libs who are hypocrites :joy:

2 Likes

Yes, people like myself have and always will support the Kurds including our direct support of them.

It is far more than 1900 of America’s best military protecting SA.

Way more.

Just ask the Pentagon.

Department of Defense Press Briefing by Secretary Esper and General Milley in the Pentagon Briefing Room

OCT. 11, 2019

Secretary of Defense Mark T. Esper; Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army General Mark A. Milley

Today, I spoke with the Saudi minister of defense to discuss the status of Saudi Arabia’s defensive capabilities and our ongoing efforts to protect our partners from further Iranian aggression. Saudi Arabia is a long-standing security partner in the Middle East, and has asked for additional support to supplement their own defenses and defend the international rules-based order.

In response to continued threats in the region, I’ve ordered the deployment to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia of two additional fighter squadrons and supporting personnel, along with additional Patriot and THAAD [terminal high altitude area defense] air and missile defense batteries. Taken together with other deployments I’ve extended or authorized within the last month, this involves about 3,000 United States forces. In fact, in response to Iranian provocation since May, the U.S. has deployed in array of additional capabilities to the region, including airborne early warning aircraft squadrons, maritime patrol aircraft squadrons, Patriot air and missile defense batteries, B-52 bombers, a carrier strike group, amphibious transport dock, unmanned aircraft, and engineering and support personnel. This has involved the deployment of about 14,000 additional U.S. forces to the region. The U.S. military has on alert additional Army, Navy, Marine and Air Force units to quickly provide increased capability in the region, if necessary.

The United States remains committed to protecting our allies, ensuring the free flow of resources needed to support the global economy, and demonstrating our commitment to upholding the rules-based international order. I urge other like-minded countries, especially our allies in Europe, to follow the United States’ lead and join us with their own defensive assets to ensure stability in the region.

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Transcripts/Transcript/Article/1988194/department-of-defense-press-briefing-by-secretary-esper-and-general-milley-in-t/

So the “1900” figure is obviously a low ball figure.

Amazing what King Salman can get from Obese Donald after letting him caress his big glowing orb!

1 Like

Don’t make things up. I said Turkey would not attack us while we were protecting the Kurds. Are you saying that Turkey just attacked us by shelling around a US outpost? You must be ready for war then. Here, let me refresh your memory. That way you will stop making false statements. Please, feel free to search my posts.

Turkey attacked US forces? That’s an act of war! What repercussions are in order? Or are you OK with Turkey attacking us now?

Looks like Turkey is getting its way. The destabilization of the region continues. What a grand Trump disaster.

ISIS prisoners escaping. Kurds dying. Kurds turning to Russia for assistance. A Trump masterpiece.

Looks like Trump’s abandonment of the Kurds is complete. He’s giving the green light for other nations (Russia) to come to their aid.

So what should we do now?

Those aren’t eh only choices.

We could have used airpower to displace any attacking force.

Fact is, trump caving embolden the Turks.

So this is an act of war deserving of retaliation.

Or are we a cut and run nation now?